Bulgarian Govt to Employ Young Roma as Integration Consultants
Bulgaria's Ministerial Council is planning to employ young Roma citizens to work as consultants for the National Roma Integration Strategy.
The National Roma Integration Strategy was ratified by the previous Bulgarian government, and falls within the auspices of the National Council for Cooperation on Ethnic and Integration Issues.
Under the program, the Ministerial Council will open at least 5 positions for representatives of the Roma community. They have to be students in their last year of university, the Pressa daily reveals. The salary for the young consultants will be BGN 500.
Although progress has been slow in the Roma integration strategy, an active utilization of funds for social housing has been noted in the regions of Vidin, Dupnitsa, and Devnya.
- » Bulgarian Samuel Finzi Voted Actor of the Year in Germany
- » Turkey’s Pegasus Airlines Plane Makes Safe Emergency Landing at Sofia Airport
- » Number of Cyclists in Sofia up by 140% in 3 Years
- » Bulgarian Archaeologists Discover 1600-Year-Old Mosaic in Downtown Sofia
- » Bulgaria’s Govt Adopts 2015-2016 Action Plan on Poverty
- » 2 Bulgarian Nationals Die in Car Crash near Serbia’s Pirot