Bulgarian Govt to Employ Young Roma as Integration Consultants
Bulgaria's Ministerial Council is planning to employ young Roma citizens to work as consultants for the National Roma Integration Strategy.
The National Roma Integration Strategy was ratified by the previous Bulgarian government, and falls within the auspices of the National Council for Cooperation on Ethnic and Integration Issues.
Under the program, the Ministerial Council will open at least 5 positions for representatives of the Roma community. They have to be students in their last year of university, the Pressa daily reveals. The salary for the young consultants will be BGN 500.
Although progress has been slow in the Roma integration strategy, an active utilization of funds for social housing has been noted in the regions of Vidin, Dupnitsa, and Devnya.
- » Death Toll in Italy Quake Rises to 267
- » Valuable Ancient Jewelry Found in Private Home in Bulgaria's Nikopol
- » Death Toll in Italian Earthquake Rises to 247
- » 8-century Old Church in Melnik Now Opens for Visitors
- » Fire on One of Plovdiv's Historic Hills
- » Death Toll from Italian Earthquake Reaches 38