Bulgarian Govt to Employ Young Roma as Integration Consultants
Bulgaria's Ministerial Council is planning to employ young Roma citizens to work as consultants for the National Roma Integration Strategy.
The National Roma Integration Strategy was ratified by the previous Bulgarian government, and falls within the auspices of the National Council for Cooperation on Ethnic and Integration Issues.
Under the program, the Ministerial Council will open at least 5 positions for representatives of the Roma community. They have to be students in their last year of university, the Pressa daily reveals. The salary for the young consultants will be BGN 500.
Although progress has been slow in the Roma integration strategy, an active utilization of funds for social housing has been noted in the regions of Vidin, Dupnitsa, and Devnya.
- » Fifth Edition of Chicago Folklore Festival Brings Bulgarians Closer to Home
- » 61% of Bulgarians Have Not Heard of Armenian Genocide in Ottoman Empire
- » Hundreds Protest, Demand Resignation of Bulgarian Culture Minister
- » EU Grant Sponsors Restoration of Bulgaria's Perperikon
- » Sentimental Swingers to Present New Album in Sofia
- » Ros Rossin's Portrait of Maya Angelou Featured on US Postage Stamp