Bulgarian Govt to Employ Young Roma as Integration Consultants
Bulgaria's Ministerial Council is planning to employ young Roma citizens to work as consultants for the National Roma Integration Strategy.
The National Roma Integration Strategy was ratified by the previous Bulgarian government, and falls within the auspices of the National Council for Cooperation on Ethnic and Integration Issues.
Under the program, the Ministerial Council will open at least 5 positions for representatives of the Roma community. They have to be students in their last year of university, the Pressa daily reveals. The salary for the young consultants will be BGN 500.
Although progress has been slow in the Roma integration strategy, an active utilization of funds for social housing has been noted in the regions of Vidin, Dupnitsa, and Devnya.
- » The $500 apple: Woman Fined For Failing to Declare Fruit She Was Given on Flight
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria with Maximum Temperatures Between 26C° and 31°C
- » Earthquake of 5.1 in the Southeastern Turkish Province of Adayman, Wounded People
- » Real Summer and 31 Degrees in Bulgaria in the Coming Days
- » Fire in Karaoke Bar in Southern China Kills at least 18
- » Helicopter Made an Emergency Landing in the Yard of a Winery in Svishtov (Video)