Double Canonization of Popes to Attract up to One Million Pilgrims
Over 1 million people are expected to gather in St. Peter's Square in the Vatican City for the unprecedented dual canonization of two popes, John Paul II and John XXIII.
Pope Francis will lead the ceremony and will be assisted by retired pontiff Benedict XVI, according to reports of the BBC News.
Nearly foreign delegations are expected to attend the unparalleled double ceremony, including royal dignitaries and heads of state and government.
The ceremony will be attended by Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev and former Prime Minister Simeon Saxe-Coburg-Gotha.
The two-hour ceremony starts at 10 am local time.
- » Two Charged Over Arms Supply to French Airport Attacker
- » Theresa May to Announce UK Will Reclaim its Waters For British Fishermen
- » Polish PM Heading Off to EU Summit, Warns Against Two-Speed Europe
- » Two More People Have Been Arrested After the Attack in London
- » Brazil Official Statement After Several Countries Have Banned Imports of Meat
- » Erdogan Says Turkey will Review EU Ties ‘From A to Z’