Double Canonization of Popes to Attract up to One Million Pilgrims
Over 1 million people are expected to gather in St. Peter's Square in the Vatican City for the unprecedented dual canonization of two popes, John Paul II and John XXIII.
Pope Francis will lead the ceremony and will be assisted by retired pontiff Benedict XVI, according to reports of the BBC News.
Nearly foreign delegations are expected to attend the unparalleled double ceremony, including royal dignitaries and heads of state and government.
The ceremony will be attended by Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev and former Prime Minister Simeon Saxe-Coburg-Gotha.
The two-hour ceremony starts at 10 am local time.
- » Over 10 000 Rescued from Drowning in Mediterranean Sea in Past Week
- » Bulgarian PM: Migrants Have Not Breached Border with Greece
- » Bulgaria Deploys Army to Border with Greece After Two Migrant Groups Detained
- » Macedonia's President Partially Revokes Amnesty in Wiretapping Affair
- » Bulgaria's IntMin Reports Slight Increase in Migrant Pressure on Border with Turkey
- » Western Experts Consider Irina Bokova Among Most Suitable Candidates for UN Chief