Double Canonization of Popes to Attract up to One Million Pilgrims
Over 1 million people are expected to gather in St. Peter's Square in the Vatican City for the unprecedented dual canonization of two popes, John Paul II and John XXIII.
Pope Francis will lead the ceremony and will be assisted by retired pontiff Benedict XVI, according to reports of the BBC News.
Nearly foreign delegations are expected to attend the unparalleled double ceremony, including royal dignitaries and heads of state and government.
The ceremony will be attended by Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev and former Prime Minister Simeon Saxe-Coburg-Gotha.
The two-hour ceremony starts at 10 am local time.
- » Turkish Air Force Reportedly Suspends Flights over Syria
- » Russia to Suspend Visa-free Travel for Turkish Citizens from 2016
- » France to Commemorate Paris Victims With National Memorial Service
- » German Police Arrests Two Suspected Jihadists in Berlin
- » Hollande, Putin Meet to Discuss Broad Coalition against ‘Common Enemy’
- » President Erdogan: Turkey Won’t Apologize for Shooting down Russian Bomber