Double Canonization of Popes to Attract up to One Million Pilgrims
Over 1 million people are expected to gather in St. Peter's Square in the Vatican City for the unprecedented dual canonization of two popes, John Paul II and John XXIII.
Pope Francis will lead the ceremony and will be assisted by retired pontiff Benedict XVI, according to reports of the BBC News.
Nearly foreign delegations are expected to attend the unparalleled double ceremony, including royal dignitaries and heads of state and government.
The ceremony will be attended by Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev and former Prime Minister Simeon Saxe-Coburg-Gotha.
The two-hour ceremony starts at 10 am local time.
- » Pope Francis To Arrive in Turkey on 3-Day Official Visit
- » Arseny Yatseniuk Elected As Prime Minister Of Ukraine
- » EU Commission Survives Vote of No Confidence in Parliament
- » Bulgaria, Romania Citizens Help Fuel Rise in UK Net Migration
- » UK's Main Parties Agree to Grant More Powers to Scotland
- » General Strike Halts Services Across Greece