Sofia Among 19 Bidders for EURO 2020
Bulgaria's capital Sofia is among the 19 bidders to host the EURO 2020 football championship, placed on the official UEFA list.
The tournament will take place in 13 cities, of which one will host the semifinals and the final and the reaming 12 will host the group phase of the tournament.
On Friday the Bulgarian Football Union (BFU) submitted Sofia's bid, which wants to host games from the group phase at the new stadium yet to be built in the city.
The other contenders are Baku, Minsk, Copenhagen, London, Skopje, Munich, Budapest, Jerusalem, Rome, Amsterdam, Dublin, Bucharest, Saint Petersburg, Glasgow, Bilbao, Stockholm and Cardiff.
Of those cities who submitted their bids, only Munich and London wish to host the semi-finals and the final.
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Facing Serbia's Crvena Zvezda
- » Bulgaria's Boyan Petrov Ascends His 8th Eight-Thousander
- » IOC Allows Russian Competitors to Take Part in Rio Olympics
- » Top Court for Sport Upholds IAAF Ban on Russian Athletes from Rio Olympics
- » Bulgaria's Pironkova Climbs Up World Tennis Ranking
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Defeats Mladost Podgorica 2:0 in Champions League Qualifier