Sofia Among 19 Bidders for EURO 2020
Bulgaria's capital Sofia is among the 19 bidders to host the EURO 2020 football championship, placed on the official UEFA list.
The tournament will take place in 13 cities, of which one will host the semifinals and the final and the reaming 12 will host the group phase of the tournament.
On Friday the Bulgarian Football Union (BFU) submitted Sofia's bid, which wants to host games from the group phase at the new stadium yet to be built in the city.
The other contenders are Baku, Minsk, Copenhagen, London, Skopje, Munich, Budapest, Jerusalem, Rome, Amsterdam, Dublin, Bucharest, Saint Petersburg, Glasgow, Bilbao, Stockholm and Cardiff.
Of those cities who submitted their bids, only Munich and London wish to host the semi-finals and the final.
- » Bulgarian Father to Face His Son in Romanian Volleyball League Final
- » Bulgaria's Oldest Football Derby Celebrates Centenary
- » Stoichkov Donates Ballon d'Or, Golden Shoe Replicas to CSKA Sofia Museum
- » Bulgaria's CSKA, Levski Have Last Chance to Repay Debts, Secure Licences
- » John Isner Beats Grigor Dimitrov 7-6 6-2 in Miami Masters
- » Bulgarian Declared Best Libero as Zenit Wins Volleyball Champions League