Situation After Floods in Bulgaria Back to Normal, 3 Still Missing
The situation in northwestern Bulgaria after the floods earlier this week has returned to normal, reports the public broadcaster BNR.
The water has drained away, after rivers flooded several villages in the Vidin region, causing only material damage. Power and water supply in the affected area have been restored and the cleanup operations continue.
The search operation for the three people missing in Haskovo region, southeastern Bulgaria, however, continues.
On Thursday night a husband and wife, their daughter and her infant son were reported missing after their car was found upturned in a river near the village of Venino. The nearby bridge which, according to local residents was in a very bad condition and there was no funding for repairs, has been swept away by the swelled river.
On Friday afternoon the rescuers found the body of the wife, but the other three family members are still missing.
On Saturday the operation was expanded with volunteers from the area, divers and a search and rescue dog.
- » Excavations Unveil One of Five Most Important Temples for Bulgarian Archaeology
- » Sofia Gallery to Host Major Christo / Jeanne-Claude Exhibition for 1st Time
- » Enrique Iglesias to Hold First Individual Concert in Bulgaria on December 14
- » Bulgarian Invents Watch Capable of Translating Words in Two Seconds
- » England-to-Turkey Flight Diverts to Sofia Due to ‘Allegedly Drunk Passenger’
- » Bulgarian Archaeologists Discover Ancient Town Hall near Petrich