Situation After Floods in Bulgaria Back to Normal, 3 Still Missing
The situation in northwestern Bulgaria after the floods earlier this week has returned to normal, reports the public broadcaster BNR.
The water has drained away, after rivers flooded several villages in the Vidin region, causing only material damage. Power and water supply in the affected area have been restored and the cleanup operations continue.
The search operation for the three people missing in Haskovo region, southeastern Bulgaria, however, continues.
On Thursday night a husband and wife, their daughter and her infant son were reported missing after their car was found upturned in a river near the village of Venino. The nearby bridge which, according to local residents was in a very bad condition and there was no funding for repairs, has been swept away by the swelled river.
On Friday afternoon the rescuers found the body of the wife, but the other three family members are still missing.
On Saturday the operation was expanded with volunteers from the area, divers and a search and rescue dog.
- » 73% of Bulgaria's Bathing Waters Were of Excellent Quality in 2014
- » Fatboy Slim to Headline This Year's SOLAR SUMMER
- » OPERA OPEN to Take Over All of Plovdiv
- » Eco Festival Takes Over Sofia
- » Bulgarian Archaeologists Discover Roman Villa near Struma Motorway Route
- » Minor Earthquake Registered in Black Sea Near Bulgaria's Primorsko