Situation After Floods in Bulgaria Back to Normal, 3 Still Missing
The situation in northwestern Bulgaria after the floods earlier this week has returned to normal, reports the public broadcaster BNR.
The water has drained away, after rivers flooded several villages in the Vidin region, causing only material damage. Power and water supply in the affected area have been restored and the cleanup operations continue.
The search operation for the three people missing in Haskovo region, southeastern Bulgaria, however, continues.
On Thursday night a husband and wife, their daughter and her infant son were reported missing after their car was found upturned in a river near the village of Venino. The nearby bridge which, according to local residents was in a very bad condition and there was no funding for repairs, has been swept away by the swelled river.
On Friday afternoon the rescuers found the body of the wife, but the other three family members are still missing.
On Saturday the operation was expanded with volunteers from the area, divers and a search and rescue dog.
- » Bulgaria MPs Vote to Begin Every Session with National Anthem
- » Bulgarian MPs Approve Aid for Unemployed Who Find Work Far from Hometown
- » Orthodox Christians Hail St Demetrius
- » Bulgaria's President: New Education Models Must Reflect Migration, Demographic Problems
- » Over 60 Cases of Pedophiles Online Uncovered So Far in 2016 in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Rakursi Gallery To Present Moonlight Reflections-Guanlan by Veliko Marinchevski