Situation After Floods in Bulgaria Back to Normal, 3 Still Missing
The situation in northwestern Bulgaria after the floods earlier this week has returned to normal, reports the public broadcaster BNR.
The water has drained away, after rivers flooded several villages in the Vidin region, causing only material damage. Power and water supply in the affected area have been restored and the cleanup operations continue.
The search operation for the three people missing in Haskovo region, southeastern Bulgaria, however, continues.
On Thursday night a husband and wife, their daughter and her infant son were reported missing after their car was found upturned in a river near the village of Venino. The nearby bridge which, according to local residents was in a very bad condition and there was no funding for repairs, has been swept away by the swelled river.
On Friday afternoon the rescuers found the body of the wife, but the other three family members are still missing.
On Saturday the operation was expanded with volunteers from the area, divers and a search and rescue dog.
- » Theodore Ushev Received the Order "Chevalier of Arts and Culture" of France
- » Five Brands of Butter on the Bulgarian Market Have Violations in Their Composition (Picture)
- » From 2019, Bulgaria will Vote Electronically in all Elections
- » The Municipality of Sofia will Plant a Forest near Suhodol
- » A Tourist was Killed after an Accident in a Cathedral in Florence
- » So-Called Superfoods will be Included in the Menus of Bulgarian Kindergartens