Turkish Customs Officers Caught BG Driver With 61 kg Heroin
Turkish customs officers apprehended 61 kg of heroin in a Bulgarian truck as it tried to cross the Kapikule border checkpoint into Bulgaria, reports BTA.
Officially the truck was carrying cement from Turkey to Bulgaria. At the checkpoint it turned out that the load was heavier than declared and the customs officers carried out a thorough inspection of the vehicle.
A customs sniffing dog discovered 121 packages of heroin, hidden in pipes.
The driver, a Bulgarian citizen, was arrested and handed over to the Edrine legal authorities.
- » Bulgaria Charges Seven with Promoting Islamic State, Propagating War
- » Pazardzhik Imam Charged With Membership of War-Propagating Group
- » Five Detained in Pazardzhik Released, Imam Remains Under Arrest
- » Bulgaria Nationalist Leader Volen Siderov Gives Up Immunity
- » Lebanese Police Arrests 'Dangerous' Bulgarian Drug Expert
- » Bulgaria Prosecution 'Subject to Political Pressure' - Chief Prosecutor