Turkish Customs Officers Caught BG Driver With 61 kg Heroin
Turkish customs officers apprehended 61 kg of heroin in a Bulgarian truck as it tried to cross the Kapikule border checkpoint into Bulgaria, reports BTA.
Officially the truck was carrying cement from Turkey to Bulgaria. At the checkpoint it turned out that the load was heavier than declared and the customs officers carried out a thorough inspection of the vehicle.
A customs sniffing dog discovered 121 packages of heroin, hidden in pipes.
The driver, a Bulgarian citizen, was arrested and handed over to the Edrine legal authorities.
- » Car Explodes in Yahinovo Village, One Person Detained
- » Sofia Regional Prosecutor’s Office Detains 49-year-old Man Accused of Murder in Etropole Town
- » About 10 Cars Burn Down at a Parking Lot on Montevideo Str.
- » Man and Woman Detained For the Murder of the Taxi Driver in Varna
- » Taxi Driver Found Dead In His car in the Region of Varna
- » Customs Officers Found 3720 kg of Acetic Anhydride Hidden in Trucks Carrying Apples from Serbia to Iraq