Turkish Customs Officers Caught BG Driver With 61 kg Heroin
Turkish customs officers apprehended 61 kg of heroin in a Bulgarian truck as it tried to cross the Kapikule border checkpoint into Bulgaria, reports BTA.
Officially the truck was carrying cement from Turkey to Bulgaria. At the checkpoint it turned out that the load was heavier than declared and the customs officers carried out a thorough inspection of the vehicle.
A customs sniffing dog discovered 121 packages of heroin, hidden in pipes.
The driver, a Bulgarian citizen, was arrested and handed over to the Edrine legal authorities.
- » Minister Valentin Radev: Burgas Has Highest Criminality
- » Record Amount of Heroin Seized at Bulgarian-Romanian Border
- » The Man Injured During the Incident in Sofia’s Vitosha District Has His Life in Danger
- » 57-year-old Man Detained For the Murder of Two People in Sofia’s Vitosha District
- » Two Turkish Citizens Arrested for Drug Distribution in Special Police Raid
- » The Virus WannaCry Affected Computers In Sofia and Varna