Turkish Customs Officers Caught BG Driver With 61 kg Heroin
Turkish customs officers apprehended 61 kg of heroin in a Bulgarian truck as it tried to cross the Kapikule border checkpoint into Bulgaria, reports BTA.
Officially the truck was carrying cement from Turkey to Bulgaria. At the checkpoint it turned out that the load was heavier than declared and the customs officers carried out a thorough inspection of the vehicle.
A customs sniffing dog discovered 121 packages of heroin, hidden in pipes.
The driver, a Bulgarian citizen, was arrested and handed over to the Edrine legal authorities.
- » Bulgarian Authorities Detain 46 People Suspected of Human Smuggling
- » “I would hate to see someone else in my situation,” Len Homeniuk tells Globe and Mail
- » Bulgaria to Extradite Suspect in Migrant Truck Deaths to Austria
- » Sofia Court Relaunches Money Laundering Case against Alleged Drug Lord Evelin Banev
- » Trial against Alleged Bulgarian Drug Lord to Continue in Sofia
- » Bulgaria’s Lesovo Border Crossing Point Reopens after Special Police Operation