Bulgarians Saved BGN 856 M in Q1 2014
Bulgarian households saved BGN 856 M in the first quarter of this year, shows data of the Central Bank (BNB).
Compared to Q1 2013, the savings increased by 29.7%. Broken down by months, in January the people put BGN 650 M in the banks, in February – BGN 114 M and in March – BGN 92 M.
BNB data shows that the private consumption and the business investment activities slowly recover.
In Q1 2014 the business credits have posted an increase.
- » Bulgaria Advises Travellers to Carry Enough Cash During Greece's Bank Holiday
- » Greece's Banking Restrictions 'Not to Affect Bulgaria'
- » Bulgarians Working Abroad Sent Home Remittances Totaling USD 1.72 B in 2014
- » Bulgarian Parliament Approves Lifting of Bank Secrecy at Second Reading
- » S&P warns of Possible Downgrades in SEE over Greek Crisis
- » Austrian Bank Hypo Noe Gruppe Opens Office in Sofia