Bulgaria, China to Cooperate in Agricultural Projects
Bulgarian Agriculture Minister Dimitar Grekov has boasted about the progress in the country's cooperation with China.
Speaking Friday at a meeting with Chinese Ambassador Wei Jinghua, Grekov declared that the cooperation between the two countries in the sphere of agriculture had progressed from the stage of ideas to the stage of implementation.
The two discussed the forthcoming visits of Bulgarian delegations to China, according to the press office of the Agriculture Ministry.
The agenda of the meeting included an evaluation of the progress under the project for a Center for Agricultural Cooperation between China and Central and Eastern European Countries.
"Our country occupies its rightful place in the agriculture of the European Union and if this Center is built in Bulgaria, we will be an excellent partner of the Chinese and European producers who want to set foot on these two huge markets," Grekov stressed.
Another topic of discussion was the forthcoming organization of the traditional Agro Trade and Economic Cooperation Forum between China and Central Eastern European Countries.
For the first time, Bulgaria offered that the forum take place outside China, proposing to be the host country.
"This will be an event which will stimulate real contacts between businesses so that our agricultural producers can have one more opportunity to sell their production" Grekov stated.
- » Bulgaria Says BSEC Countries Need to Offer Joint Products to Boost Tourist Flow
- » Bulgaria, Russia Discuss Future of Equipment Built for Scrapped Belene NPP Project
- » Bulgaria to Back Lending to SMEs with EUR 102 M in EU Funds by 2020
- » EC Closes 2012 Power Exports Case against Bulgaria
- » Swiss-Bulgarian IT Firm Wins Most Secure Cloud Platform Award
- » China’s JAC Motors Looks into Opportunities to Start Making Electric Cars in Bulgaria