Japan Offers USD 1.1 M Aid for Ukraine
Japan will provide a USD 1.1 M financial assistance to support the resolution of the crisis in Ukraine.
The aid will not go directly to the government in Kiev, but will be split between the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) as well as the European Council, with the purpose of promoting dialogue, organizing monitoring missions, as well as ensuring transparency in the May 25 Presidential elections in the country, RIA Novosti reported.
Japan's position on the events in Crimea has been cautious. While the country supports the territorial integrity of Ukraine, it has made no clear statement in favor of sanctions against Russia.
- » Saudi Arabia Evacuates Diplomats While Continuing Airstrikes on Yemen
- » 17 People Killed as Somali Troops Regain Control of Occupied Hotel
- » Israel to Unfreeze Tax Transfers to Palestine
- » Germanwings Co-pilot Wanted to Make His Name Known Worldwide
- » Germanwings Co-pilot Hid Mental Illness from Employer - Prosecutors
- » Turkish President Erdogan Pledges Support for Saudi Arabia Military Operation
On Friday 'Japan has made no clear statement in favour of sanctions against Russia.'
On Saturday Japan is part of the G7 group that is proposing further sanctions against Russia.
So last night Obama and Kerry fucked your prime minister until he agreed to sanctions.