Japan Offers USD 1.1 M Aid for Ukraine
Japan will provide a USD 1.1 M financial assistance to support the resolution of the crisis in Ukraine.
The aid will not go directly to the government in Kiev, but will be split between the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) as well as the European Council, with the purpose of promoting dialogue, organizing monitoring missions, as well as ensuring transparency in the May 25 Presidential elections in the country, RIA Novosti reported.
Japan's position on the events in Crimea has been cautious. While the country supports the territorial integrity of Ukraine, it has made no clear statement in favor of sanctions against Russia.
- » Russia to Ban Import of Animal Fat, Meat Byproducts from EU
- » First Albanian PM Visit to Serbia in 70 Years Postponed
- » Cooling of US-Russia Relations to Last Long Time - Russian FM
- » Turkey to Allow Iraqi Kurdish Fighters to Enter Syria To Defend Kobane
- » Chinese Corporation to Build Romanian Nuclear Reactors
- » US Drops Arms to Kurds Fighting IS Despite Turkish Warnings
On Friday 'Japan has made no clear statement in favour of sanctions against Russia.'
On Saturday Japan is part of the G7 group that is proposing further sanctions against Russia.
So last night Obama and Kerry fucked your prime minister until he agreed to sanctions.