Blagoy Naydenov Wins Gold in World Youth Boxing
Blagoy Naydenov grabbed the gold medal in the 81kg category at the World Youth Boxing Championships in Sofia.
Naydenov, 17-years-old, defeated Kazakhstan's Vadim Kazakov in the final at Sofia's Arena Armeets. All three judges voted in favor of the Bulgarian (29:28, 30:27, 30:27).
The victory was a sweet revenge for Naydenov, who lost to the same opponent a month ago in Brandenburg. This is his second prestigious title, after the European gold medal 2 years ago.
The youngster revealed that his next big goal is to fight for Bulgaria in the 2016 Olympic Games.
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Signs Brazilian Left Back as Eighth New Player
- » Bulgaria's Sesil Karatancheva Proceeds to Second Round of ITF Tournament in Poland
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Signs Promising Sao Paulo Winger
- » Bulgaria's Stoevi Sisters Win Russian Open Grand Prix
- » Multifunctional Sports Hall to Open next to Sofia Central Railway Station
- » Draw Determines Tough Opponents for Bulgaria in 2018 World Cup Qualifiers