Blagoy Naydenov Wins Gold in World Youth Boxing
Blagoy Naydenov grabbed the gold medal in the 81kg category at the World Youth Boxing Championships in Sofia.
Naydenov, 17-years-old, defeated Kazakhstan's Vadim Kazakov in the final at Sofia's Arena Armeets. All three judges voted in favor of the Bulgarian (29:28, 30:27, 30:27).
The victory was a sweet revenge for Naydenov, who lost to the same opponent a month ago in Brandenburg. This is his second prestigious title, after the European gold medal 2 years ago.
The youngster revealed that his next big goal is to fight for Bulgaria in the 2016 Olympic Games.
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Defeats Australia's Ebden to Progress to 2nd Round of US Open
- » Bulgarian Mountain Runner Sets New Record on Completing Kom-Emine Hike
- » Bulgaria’s Ivet lalova-Collio Comes 7th in 200m World Final
- » Serie A Newcomer Signs Bulgarian Winger Aleksandar Tonev
- » Bulgaria’s Ivet Lalova-Collio Books Spot in Women’s 200m Final in Beijing
- » Bulgaria's Chess Grandmaster Veselin Topalov Remains Undefeated in St. Louis