Blagoy Naydenov Wins Gold in World Youth Boxing
Blagoy Naydenov grabbed the gold medal in the 81kg category at the World Youth Boxing Championships in Sofia.
Naydenov, 17-years-old, defeated Kazakhstan's Vadim Kazakov in the final at Sofia's Arena Armeets. All three judges voted in favor of the Bulgarian (29:28, 30:27, 30:27).
The victory was a sweet revenge for Naydenov, who lost to the same opponent a month ago in Brandenburg. This is his second prestigious title, after the European gold medal 2 years ago.
The youngster revealed that his next big goal is to fight for Bulgaria in the 2016 Olympic Games.
- » Bulgaria's Pamporovo Hosts European Cup Ladies' Slalom
- » Bulgarian Football Legend Hristo Stoichkov Celebrates 50th Anniversary
- » Bautista Agut Triumphs in First Edition of Sofia Open
- » Bulgaria Loses to Belgium in Fed Cup
- » Bulgarian Head of State Demonstrates Football Skills at La Bombonera Stadium
- » Bulgaria Defeats Hungary, Latvia in Fed Cup