Blagoy Naydenov Wins Gold in World Youth Boxing
Blagoy Naydenov grabbed the gold medal in the 81kg category at the World Youth Boxing Championships in Sofia.
Naydenov, 17-years-old, defeated Kazakhstan's Vadim Kazakov in the final at Sofia's Arena Armeets. All three judges voted in favor of the Bulgarian (29:28, 30:27, 30:27).
The victory was a sweet revenge for Naydenov, who lost to the same opponent a month ago in Brandenburg. This is his second prestigious title, after the European gold medal 2 years ago.
The youngster revealed that his next big goal is to fight for Bulgaria in the 2016 Olympic Games.
- » Hard win for Bulgarian volleyball team after five-set battle
- » Expected loss for Bulgaria from Brazil
- » World Famous Footballers Arrive in Sofia for All Stars 2017 Charity Match
- » Bulgaria Scores Prestigious Victory Against Olympix Champion Brazil in World Volleyball League
- » Bulgarian Children Who Overcame Cancer Won 17 Medals at Athletic Event in Moscow
- » Ivet Lalova-Collio Places 4th in Marseilles