Russian Bombers 'Approached NATO Airspace'
UK's Royal Airforce chased away two Russian bombers that flew close to the country's airspace.
The incident with the aircraft, which were spotted near northeastern Scotland on Wednesday, followed the arrival of a Russian warship off the coast of Britain, the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung reported.
Dutch army Major Wilko Ter Horst, who spoke for CNN after it was revealed F-16 fighter jets of the Netherlands had also intercepted one of the planes, underscored Wednesday's developments were part of "routine [military] exercises", and there was "nothing unusual" about the event.
Heightened tensions between the West and Russia over the situation in Ukraine have however increased both NATO's fears of a possible military aggression by Moscow and the Kremlin's warnings against any moves it might consider a more serious provocation.
- » Poland to Overhaul Six Bulgarian MiG-29 Fighter Jets by end-2016
- » Bulgaria Ready to Increase Number of Troops Assisting Border Police
- » Poland’s Defense Minister to Meet with Bulgarian Counterpart in Sofia
- » US Military Equipment Arrives to Bulgaria for Black Sea Rotational Force Training
- » Bulgarian Army Launches Tactical Training Shabla 2015
- » Bulgaria Sending Troops to Border as Migrant Arrivals to Serbia Rise