Russian Bombers 'Approached NATO Airspace'
UK's Royal Airforce chased away two Russian bombers that flew close to the country's airspace.
The incident with the aircraft, which were spotted near northeastern Scotland on Wednesday, followed the arrival of a Russian warship off the coast of Britain, the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung reported.
Dutch army Major Wilko Ter Horst, who spoke for CNN after it was revealed F-16 fighter jets of the Netherlands had also intercepted one of the planes, underscored Wednesday's developments were part of "routine [military] exercises", and there was "nothing unusual" about the event.
Heightened tensions between the West and Russia over the situation in Ukraine have however increased both NATO's fears of a possible military aggression by Moscow and the Kremlin's warnings against any moves it might consider a more serious provocation.
- » Novo Selo Training Polygon Hosted the Biggest Multinational Exercise Saber Guardian 2017
- » The Pentagon Criticized Turkey for Publishing Secret Military Information
- » 18 International Trains Checked in Hungary, 2 of Them Heading for Romania due to Bomb Alert
- » Bulgaria is Sending Military Personnel in Kosovo
- » State Agency For National Security: 'No data on Bulgarians in Middle East Conflict Zone'
- » 15 Illegal Migrants Detained in the Region of Svilengrad