Afghan Hospital Guard Kills 3 American Medics
Three American hospital workers have been killed in the Afghan capital Kabul on Thursday.
Local police confirmed that the hospital guard opened fire for unknown reasons, shooting 4 medical personnel, 3 of whom died, CNN reports. The guard then tried to commit suicide, but survived.
"With great sadness we confirm that three Americans were killed in the attack on CURE Hospital. No other information will be released at this time", the US embassy in Kabul wrote.
CURE is a non-profit organization, offering medical treatment in 29 countries around the world.
- » Over 10 000 Rescued from Drowning in Mediterranean Sea in Past Week
- » Bulgarian PM: Migrants Have Not Breached Border with Greece
- » Bulgaria Deploys Army to Border with Greece After Two Migrant Groups Detained
- » Macedonia's President Partially Revokes Amnesty in Wiretapping Affair
- » Bulgaria's IntMin Reports Slight Increase in Migrant Pressure on Border with Turkey
- » Western Experts Consider Irina Bokova Among Most Suitable Candidates for UN Chief