Afghan Hospital Guard Kills 3 American Medics
Three American hospital workers have been killed in the Afghan capital Kabul on Thursday.
Local police confirmed that the hospital guard opened fire for unknown reasons, shooting 4 medical personnel, 3 of whom died, CNN reports. The guard then tried to commit suicide, but survived.
"With great sadness we confirm that three Americans were killed in the attack on CURE Hospital. No other information will be released at this time", the US embassy in Kabul wrote.
CURE is a non-profit organization, offering medical treatment in 29 countries around the world.
- » Three-Way Summit to Lay Basis for Supplying Turkmen Gas to Europe
- » Migrants Arrivals by Sea in Europe Top 242,000 so far in 2016 – IOM
- » Some 4,700 People Remanded in Custody in Turkey over Failed Coup Attempt
- » Turkish Airlines to Maintain Normal Operations during Emergency Rule
- » France Charges Five Suspects over Nice Truck Attack
- » EU’s Mogherini Calls on Turkey to Respect Human Rights during Emergency Rule