Afghan Hospital Guard Kills 3 American Medics
Three American hospital workers have been killed in the Afghan capital Kabul on Thursday.
Local police confirmed that the hospital guard opened fire for unknown reasons, shooting 4 medical personnel, 3 of whom died, CNN reports. The guard then tried to commit suicide, but survived.
"With great sadness we confirm that three Americans were killed in the attack on CURE Hospital. No other information will be released at this time", the US embassy in Kabul wrote.
CURE is a non-profit organization, offering medical treatment in 29 countries around the world.
- » Germany's Merkel 'to Run for 4th Term' in 2017
- » PKK Bombs Railway in Turkey's Kars, Police Kills Three Kurdish Rebels in Agri
- » Immigration is EU Citizens’ Main Concern – Survey
- » EU Extends EUR 91,000 to Help Macedonia Cope with Migrant Tide
- » Beijing to Host Winter Olympic Games in 2022
- » Attack on Police Station Leaves Two Turkish Officers, Two PKK Militants Dead