Afghan Hospital Guard Kills 3 American Medics
Three American hospital workers have been killed in the Afghan capital Kabul on Thursday.
Local police confirmed that the hospital guard opened fire for unknown reasons, shooting 4 medical personnel, 3 of whom died, CNN reports. The guard then tried to commit suicide, but survived.
"With great sadness we confirm that three Americans were killed in the attack on CURE Hospital. No other information will be released at this time", the US embassy in Kabul wrote.
CURE is a non-profit organization, offering medical treatment in 29 countries around the world.
- » 'Greece Will Return to Democracy, Social Cohesion, Dignity,' Tsipras Says
- » Ukraine Marks Day of National Mourning after Mariupol Rocket Attacks
- » Greeks Vote in Decisive Early Election
- » Ukraine’s PM Calls for Urgent UN Security Council Meeting over Mariupol Shelling
- » Rocket Fire Kills At Least 15 in Ukraine’s Mariupol, Police Says
- » Greece's Lefist SYRIZA Extends Lead over Conservatives Ahead of Sunday’s Vote