Vitali Klitschko to Run For Kiev Mayor
Vitali Klitschko, former boxing champion and current leader of the Ukrainian party UDAR, was nominated by the city organization of the party for a candidate for mayor of Kiev.
According to The Voice of Russia, Klitschko said on Wednesday his main goal was to eliminate corruption and to the destroy the barriers that keep Kiev from developing freely and successfully.
"For this reason, our first priority is corruption prevention. It's Kiev's transparent budget and dismissal of corrupt officials,” Klitschko said. The Kiev administration should be controlled by society. The second priority is investment appeal. Both Ukrainian and foreign. The third priority is the use of the Kiev budget for meeting the needs of the people of Kiev."
- » Reina Attacker 'Targeted Taksim Square' on New Year
- » Germany To Hold Parliamentary Elections on September 24
- » Bulgarian EP Deputies Adopt Common Stance Against Blockades in Greece
- » Belgium's CALL: Bulgaria Does Not Offer Migrants Good Conditions
- » Italy Rocked by 4 Quakes in 1 Hour
- » Moldova President: Eurasian Union Ties Not Incompatible with EU Commitments