Vitali Klitschko to Run For Kiev Mayor
Vitali Klitschko, former boxing champion and current leader of the Ukrainian party UDAR, was nominated by the city organization of the party for a candidate for mayor of Kiev.
According to The Voice of Russia, Klitschko said on Wednesday his main goal was to eliminate corruption and to the destroy the barriers that keep Kiev from developing freely and successfully.
"For this reason, our first priority is corruption prevention. It's Kiev's transparent budget and dismissal of corrupt officials,” Klitschko said. The Kiev administration should be controlled by society. The second priority is investment appeal. Both Ukrainian and foreign. The third priority is the use of the Kiev budget for meeting the needs of the people of Kiev."
- » Mugabe Given Less Than 24h to Quit as President of Zimbabwe
- » Britain to Submit 'Brexit Bill' Proposal Before December EU Meeting
- » US General Says He Would Resist 'Illegal' Trump Nuclear Strike Order
- » EU Gives May 2 Weeks to Act on Divorce Bill and Ireland
- » Russia Blocks Bid to Briefly Extend Syria Chemical Weapons Inquiry
- » Tsipras Seeks EU Funds to Deal with Damage From Floods