Vitali Klitschko to Run For Kiev Mayor
Vitali Klitschko, former boxing champion and current leader of the Ukrainian party UDAR, was nominated by the city organization of the party for a candidate for mayor of Kiev.
According to The Voice of Russia, Klitschko said on Wednesday his main goal was to eliminate corruption and to the destroy the barriers that keep Kiev from developing freely and successfully.
"For this reason, our first priority is corruption prevention. It's Kiev's transparent budget and dismissal of corrupt officials,” Klitschko said. The Kiev administration should be controlled by society. The second priority is investment appeal. Both Ukrainian and foreign. The third priority is the use of the Kiev budget for meeting the needs of the people of Kiev."
- » Investigation Isolates DNA from 78 Victims of Germanwings Plane Crash
- » Saudi-Led Campaign Targets Rebel Positions in Yemen’s Capital
- » Lubitz's Mental Health: Just One of Several Leads in Germanwings Plane Crash Inquiry
- » Saudi Arabia Evacuates Diplomats While Continuing Airstrikes on Yemen
- » 17 People Killed as Somali Troops Regain Control of Occupied Hotel
- » Israel to Unfreeze Tax Transfers to Palestine