Vitali Klitschko to Run For Kiev Mayor
Vitali Klitschko, former boxing champion and current leader of the Ukrainian party UDAR, was nominated by the city organization of the party for a candidate for mayor of Kiev.
According to The Voice of Russia, Klitschko said on Wednesday his main goal was to eliminate corruption and to the destroy the barriers that keep Kiev from developing freely and successfully.
"For this reason, our first priority is corruption prevention. It's Kiev's transparent budget and dismissal of corrupt officials,” Klitschko said. The Kiev administration should be controlled by society. The second priority is investment appeal. Both Ukrainian and foreign. The third priority is the use of the Kiev budget for meeting the needs of the people of Kiev."
- » Turkey Won’t Amend Anti-terror Laws in Return for Visa Deal, Erdogan Tells EU
- » Ján Figeľ to Serve as EU Commission Envoy on Freedom of Religion
- » Almost 185,000 Migrants Entered Europe by Sea so far in 2016: IOM
- » Stagnant Eurozone Economy to Hamper Growth in CESEE Region, IMF Says
- » Russia Still Ready to Build Gas Pipeline to Southern Europe, Lavrov Says
- » Bulgaria Signs Protocol on EU’s Readmission Agreement with Turkey