Vitali Klitschko to Run For Kiev Mayor
Vitali Klitschko, former boxing champion and current leader of the Ukrainian party UDAR, was nominated by the city organization of the party for a candidate for mayor of Kiev.
According to The Voice of Russia, Klitschko said on Wednesday his main goal was to eliminate corruption and to the destroy the barriers that keep Kiev from developing freely and successfully.
"For this reason, our first priority is corruption prevention. It's Kiev's transparent budget and dismissal of corrupt officials,” Klitschko said. The Kiev administration should be controlled by society. The second priority is investment appeal. Both Ukrainian and foreign. The third priority is the use of the Kiev budget for meeting the needs of the people of Kiev."
- » EU, Switzerland Sign Agreement Ending Bank Secrecy
- » EU Commission Proposes Draft 2016 Budget Amounting to EUR 143.5 B
- » FIFA Officials Arrested in Zurich Specialized Operation, NYT
- » Macedonia Leaders' 4-Hour Talks End with No Results
- » Bulgaria Voices Support for Macedonia’s Territorial Integrity
- » Monument of Turkmen President Now Erected in Ashgabat