Grigor Dimitrov Qualifies for Quarterfinal in Bucharest
Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov defeated Czech Jiri Vesely 7:6, 6:2 in the second round of the ATP tournament in Bucharest.
Dimitrov, who is seeded 1st in the tournament, enjoyed the support of a full capacity crowd, among which many Bulgarians living in Romania.
The first set was tightly contested, as the 20-year-old Vesely hung on until the end against his high-ranked opponent. Dimitrov took the tie break 7-5 points and then cruised through the second set in dominant fashion.
In the quarterfinal on Friday, Dimitrov will face Ukrainian Sergiy Stakhovsky, who is ranked 92nd in the world.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Loses to Roger Federer in Swiss Indoors Basel
- » Minev Gives Ludogorets Historic 1-0 Victory Over Basel
- » Garanti Koza WTA Tournament Of Champions Starts In Sofia On Oct. 28
- » Bulgaria’s Dimitrov Fails to Win Stockholm Open Title
- » Grigor Dimitrov Scores Two Hot Shots, Qualifies For Stockholm Semifinal
- » Grigor Dimitrov Nominated For Sportsmanship Award