Grigor Dimitrov Qualifies for Quarterfinal in Bucharest
Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov defeated Czech Jiri Vesely 7:6, 6:2 in the second round of the ATP tournament in Bucharest.
Dimitrov, who is seeded 1st in the tournament, enjoyed the support of a full capacity crowd, among which many Bulgarians living in Romania.
The first set was tightly contested, as the 20-year-old Vesely hung on until the end against his high-ranked opponent. Dimitrov took the tie break 7-5 points and then cruised through the second set in dominant fashion.
In the quarterfinal on Friday, Dimitrov will face Ukrainian Sergiy Stakhovsky, who is ranked 92nd in the world.
- » Grigor Dimitrov to Skip Tournament in Washington Over Illness
- » Mountain Auto Rally “Uzana” Cancelled after Fatal Accident
- » Bulgarians Spent Over EUR 104 000 at 2014 World Cup
- » Michael Schumacher Is Showing Signs Of Recovery
- » Grigor Dimitrov Becomes Honorary Citizen of Varna
- » Clashes Break Out In Argentina After World Cup Defeat