Grigor Dimitrov Qualifies for Quarterfinal in Bucharest
Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov defeated Czech Jiri Vesely 7:6, 6:2 in the second round of the ATP tournament in Bucharest.
Dimitrov, who is seeded 1st in the tournament, enjoyed the support of a full capacity crowd, among which many Bulgarians living in Romania.
The first set was tightly contested, as the 20-year-old Vesely hung on until the end against his high-ranked opponent. Dimitrov took the tie break 7-5 points and then cruised through the second set in dominant fashion.
In the quarterfinal on Friday, Dimitrov will face Ukrainian Sergiy Stakhovsky, who is ranked 92nd in the world.
- » Bulgarian Football Union Approves Ivaylo Petev Unanimously
- » Ivaylo Petev 'to Become' Coach of Bulgaria's Men National Football Team
- » Bulgaria IntMin Continues Investigation of Alleged Football Match Fixing
- » Bulgaria’s Ludogorets Defeated by Real Madrid 0:4
- » Bulgaria’s Ludogorets Losing to Real Madrid 0:2 in 1st Half
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Travels to Madrid in Search of a Miracle