Grigor Dimitrov Qualifies for Quarterfinal in Bucharest
Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov defeated Czech Jiri Vesely 7:6, 6:2 in the second round of the ATP tournament in Bucharest.
Dimitrov, who is seeded 1st in the tournament, enjoyed the support of a full capacity crowd, among which many Bulgarians living in Romania.
The first set was tightly contested, as the 20-year-old Vesely hung on until the end against his high-ranked opponent. Dimitrov took the tie break 7-5 points and then cruised through the second set in dominant fashion.
In the quarterfinal on Friday, Dimitrov will face Ukrainian Sergiy Stakhovsky, who is ranked 92nd in the world.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Arrives in Bulgaria for Exhibition Match with Gael Monfils
- » Bulgaria’s Kubrat Pulev to Box Maurice Harris in Hamburg on December 5
- » Ronnie O'Sullivan to Face Jimmy White in Snooker Legends Show in Sofia on Friday
- » Bulgaria’s Ruse Wins European City of Sport 2016 Award
- » Two Romanian Football Legends to Join Stoichkov's 50th Birthday Show
- » PM: Bulgaria Has Potential to Be Among Best Sport Destinations on Balkans