Bulgaria To Expand Its Stem Cell Bank
By the end of 2015 Bulgaria will have a larger capacity stem cell bank, said professor Elisaveta Naumova of Alexandrovska Hospital in Sofia, quoted by Standart daily.
It will have a capacity for 5000 units of umbilical cord blood, used for the treatment of various hematological and oncology diseases. Its current capacity is for 150 units.
The state-funded bank provides the stem cell treatment for free.
The expansion of the stem cell bank is part of a larger project for BGN 14 M for the enlargement of the immunology department of the Aleksandrovska Hospital, in which will be performed bone marrow transplants.
- » About 30% of Bulgarians who have Suffered a Heart Attack Continue to Smoke
- » British Prisoners Renovated Wheelchairs for Sofia Hospital "Pirogov"
- » Congo Announces 11 New Confirmed Ebola Cases
- » Over 145,000 Families in Bulgaria have Reproductive Problems
- » Sadiq Khan to Ban Junk Food Advertising on London Transport to Tackle Child Obesity
- » Hundreds of People Ran Yesterday in the Boris' Garden for the Wings for Life Cause