Bulgaria To Expand Its Stem Cell Bank
By the end of 2015 Bulgaria will have a larger capacity stem cell bank, said professor Elisaveta Naumova of Alexandrovska Hospital in Sofia, quoted by Standart daily.
It will have a capacity for 5000 units of umbilical cord blood, used for the treatment of various hematological and oncology diseases. Its current capacity is for 150 units.
The state-funded bank provides the stem cell treatment for free.
The expansion of the stem cell bank is part of a larger project for BGN 14 M for the enlargement of the immunology department of the Aleksandrovska Hospital, in which will be performed bone marrow transplants.
- » Seven European Countries Hunting for Bulgarian Doctors
- » Bulgaria's SAC Revokes Fingerprint Identification for Hospital Patients
- » Introduction of Fingerprint Identification in Outpatient Sector Postponed
- » Flu Peak in Bulgaria Expected in April
- » Number of Doctors Leaving Bulgaria 'On Decline' - Ex-Min
- » Bird Flu: 63 Locations of Infections in Bulgaria