Bulgaria To Expand Its Stem Cell Bank
By the end of 2015 Bulgaria will have a larger capacity stem cell bank, said professor Elisaveta Naumova of Alexandrovska Hospital in Sofia, quoted by Standart daily.
It will have a capacity for 5000 units of umbilical cord blood, used for the treatment of various hematological and oncology diseases. Its current capacity is for 150 units.
The state-funded bank provides the stem cell treatment for free.
The expansion of the stem cell bank is part of a larger project for BGN 14 M for the enlargement of the immunology department of the Aleksandrovska Hospital, in which will be performed bone marrow transplants.
- » Health Authorities Step Up Food and Water Safety Inspections at Seaside Resorts
- » Cyberknife is Now Operational at Hospital in Bulgaria’s Plovdiv
- » Parliament Wants E-Healthcare System in 2 Years
- » Beaches in Varna and Nearby Resorts Already have Medical Teams
- » Konstantin Kachulev: 'E-prescription Introduction Expected to Cost BGN 12M'
- » Emergency hospital Pirogov to Receive as Donation First Ambulance for Newborns and Children in Bulgaria