Bulgaria To Expand Its Stem Cell Bank
By the end of 2015 Bulgaria will have a larger capacity stem cell bank, said professor Elisaveta Naumova of Alexandrovska Hospital in Sofia, quoted by Standart daily.
It will have a capacity for 5000 units of umbilical cord blood, used for the treatment of various hematological and oncology diseases. Its current capacity is for 150 units.
The state-funded bank provides the stem cell treatment for free.
The expansion of the stem cell bank is part of a larger project for BGN 14 M for the enlargement of the immunology department of the Aleksandrovska Hospital, in which will be performed bone marrow transplants.
- » Bulgaria Wins Praise for Achievements in Fighting HIV/AIDS
- » Bulgaria to Set up Advisory National Food Board
- » Bulgarian Midwife Guilty of Baby Beating Released on Bail
- » Minumum Risk of Zika Virus Spreading to Bulgaria After First Registered Case in Romania
- » Bulgaria Splits Medical Care Services into Basic and Complementary Packages
- » Fingerprint Identification to be Introduced in Bulgarian Hospitals by September 25