Bulgaria To Expand Its Stem Cell Bank
By the end of 2015 Bulgaria will have a larger capacity stem cell bank, said professor Elisaveta Naumova of Alexandrovska Hospital in Sofia, quoted by Standart daily.
It will have a capacity for 5000 units of umbilical cord blood, used for the treatment of various hematological and oncology diseases. Its current capacity is for 150 units.
The state-funded bank provides the stem cell treatment for free.
The expansion of the stem cell bank is part of a larger project for BGN 14 M for the enlargement of the immunology department of the Aleksandrovska Hospital, in which will be performed bone marrow transplants.
- » Bird Flu: 63 Locations of Infections in Bulgaria
- » Flu Epidemic Declared in Two Bulgarian Towns
- » Flu Epidemic Starts 20-30 Days Earlier Than Predicted in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Hosts 3rd Global Summit for Preemies
- » Bulgarian MPs Keep Health Insurance Contribution at 8%
- » High Blood Pressure Medications Free-of-Charge As Of New Year