Overflowing Dam Floods Villages In NW Bulgaria
An overflowing municipal dam flooded on Wednesday night the village Gyurgich and affected several other villages in Vidin region, northwestern Bulgaria.
No one was injured, as the residents were evacuated, but the tidal wave destroyed bridges and sewers and flooded homes and fields. The electricity, according to the public broadcaster BNT, was also cut.
The mayor of Ruzhintsi municipality Ventsislav Vankov told the national television bTV, that the dam wall was recently inspected and was in good condition and the overflowing mechanism has been replaced not long ago and was practically new.
- » Blast at Explosives Factory in NW Bulgaria Cuts Off Power Supply to 2 Hydropower Plants
- » Fire Safety Service Holds Emergency Meeting over Blast at Explosives Factory in NW Bulgaria
- » Blast at Explosives Plant in NW Bulgaria Leaves at least 2 Injured, over 10 Feared Dead
- » 600 Thousand Bulgarians Suffer from Diabetes – Expert
- » Donations in Bulgaria Hit Record Low in 2013
- » Grigor Dimitrov Tops Forbes Bulgaria Celebrity List