Overflowing Dam Floods Villages In NW Bulgaria
An overflowing municipal dam flooded on Wednesday night the village Gyurgich and affected several other villages in Vidin region, northwestern Bulgaria.
No one was injured, as the residents were evacuated, but the tidal wave destroyed bridges and sewers and flooded homes and fields. The electricity, according to the public broadcaster BNT, was also cut.
The mayor of Ruzhintsi municipality Ventsislav Vankov told the national television bTV, that the dam wall was recently inspected and was in good condition and the overflowing mechanism has been replaced not long ago and was practically new.
- » Bulgarian Police Looking for Missing Czech National
- » Boy Found Alive After Spending Five Days in Forest Near Bulgaria's Ruse
- » Gunman Storms Cinema in Germany, Leaving at Least 25 People Injured
- » Bulgaria to Have Another Sunny Summer Day on Friday
- » Four Bulgarians Die in Head-on Collision in Greece
- » Child Lost in Forest Near Bulgaria's Karlovo Has Been Found