Overflowing Dam Floods Villages In NW Bulgaria
An overflowing municipal dam flooded on Wednesday night the village Gyurgich and affected several other villages in Vidin region, northwestern Bulgaria.
No one was injured, as the residents were evacuated, but the tidal wave destroyed bridges and sewers and flooded homes and fields. The electricity, according to the public broadcaster BNT, was also cut.
The mayor of Ruzhintsi municipality Ventsislav Vankov told the national television bTV, that the dam wall was recently inspected and was in good condition and the overflowing mechanism has been replaced not long ago and was practically new.
- » The Weather Today Will be Sunny With Temperatures Between 25°C and 30°C
- » Today Is European 'No Elevators Day'
- » Mostly Sunny Today, Maximum Temperatures Between 20°C and 25°C
- » Bulgaria Ranks Lowest Among All EU Countries in Reporters Without Borders’ World Press Freedom Index
- » Employment Rate in Bulgaria Going Up
- » Two People Dead, One’s Life in Danger After Road Accidents in the Past Day