Overflowing Dam Floods Villages In NW Bulgaria
An overflowing municipal dam flooded on Wednesday night the village Gyurgich and affected several other villages in Vidin region, northwestern Bulgaria.
No one was injured, as the residents were evacuated, but the tidal wave destroyed bridges and sewers and flooded homes and fields. The electricity, according to the public broadcaster BNT, was also cut.
The mayor of Ruzhintsi municipality Ventsislav Vankov told the national television bTV, that the dam wall was recently inspected and was in good condition and the overflowing mechanism has been replaced not long ago and was practically new.
- » 61% of Bulgarians Have Not Heard of Armenian Genocide in Ottoman Empire
- » Hundreds Protest, Demand Resignation of Bulgarian Culture Minister
- » EU Grant Sponsors Restoration of Bulgaria's Perperikon
- » Sentimental Swingers to Present New Album in Sofia
- » Ros Rossin's Portrait of Maya Angelou Featured on US Postage Stamp
- » Cities Across Bulgaria-Turkey Border at Odds over Park Name