Overflowing Dam Floods Villages In NW Bulgaria
An overflowing municipal dam flooded on Wednesday night the village Gyurgich and affected several other villages in Vidin region, northwestern Bulgaria.
No one was injured, as the residents were evacuated, but the tidal wave destroyed bridges and sewers and flooded homes and fields. The electricity, according to the public broadcaster BNT, was also cut.
The mayor of Ruzhintsi municipality Ventsislav Vankov told the national television bTV, that the dam wall was recently inspected and was in good condition and the overflowing mechanism has been replaced not long ago and was practically new.
- » Less Bulgarians Went on Holiday Abroad at End of 2014
- » Bulgaria to Host Junior Eurovision Song Contest in 2015
- » Bulgaria’s 2011-2013 Refugee Integration Strategy Was Total Failure – Audit Office
- » Greek Singer Demis Roussos Dies
- » Bulgaria Deputy Parliament Speaker Dies Aged 60
- » Turkish Tourist Suffers Injuries While Skiing in Bulgaria’s Bansko