Overflowing Dam Floods Villages In NW Bulgaria
An overflowing municipal dam flooded on Wednesday night the village Gyurgich and affected several other villages in Vidin region, northwestern Bulgaria.
No one was injured, as the residents were evacuated, but the tidal wave destroyed bridges and sewers and flooded homes and fields. The electricity, according to the public broadcaster BNT, was also cut.
The mayor of Ruzhintsi municipality Ventsislav Vankov told the national television bTV, that the dam wall was recently inspected and was in good condition and the overflowing mechanism has been replaced not long ago and was practically new.
- » The British Financial Times Gives High-School Students Free Access to Their Site
- » Burgas Students go on Flu Vacation as well
- » 1st Metro Line in Belgrade to be in Fact in 2022
- » Musical and Artistic Events on the 20th Anniversary of Sofia Metropolitan
- » Record Low Temperatures in North China
- » 978 Million People Worldwide Have Been Victims of Cybercrime in 2017