Bulgarian Government To Spend BGN 7.2 M On Subsidized Employment
Bulgaria's Government approved the spending of additional BGN 7.2 M on social policies in 2014, reports BTA.
The sum will be spent by the Ministry of Labour and Social Policies for providing part-time six-month employment for 5000 people from disadvantaged social groups and long-term unemployed.
The jobs will be mostly in road repair, gardening and landscaping and guarding of municipal property and schools.
The people will be hired by the municipal authorities. According to BTA, the government expects that the six-month project “will have a beneficiary effect on the employment levels and will thwart the risk of poverty among the people from disadvantaged social groups.”
- » Nearly 80 Thousand Migrants Arrived in Europe by Sea in H1 2014
- » Bulgaria Ranks 58th by Human Development Index
- » Reporters Without Borders Slam Amendments to BG Penal Code on Banks
- » Private Companies to Organize Driving License Tests – Agency Head
- » Bulgarian Police Is Looking For A German Citizen
- » Bulgaria's Environment Ministry Warns of Possible Flash Floods