Bulgarian Government To Spend BGN 7.2 M On Subsidized Employment
Bulgaria's Government approved the spending of additional BGN 7.2 M on social policies in 2014, reports BTA.
The sum will be spent by the Ministry of Labour and Social Policies for providing part-time six-month employment for 5000 people from disadvantaged social groups and long-term unemployed.
The jobs will be mostly in road repair, gardening and landscaping and guarding of municipal property and schools.
The people will be hired by the municipal authorities. According to BTA, the government expects that the six-month project “will have a beneficiary effect on the employment levels and will thwart the risk of poverty among the people from disadvantaged social groups.”
- » French Officials Deny Video Footage Found at Germanwings Plane Crash Site
- » Bulgarian Cabinet Allocates BGN 14 M for Natural Disaster Relief
- » Minor Earthquake Hits Southern Bulgaria
- » Sofia Declared Best Bulgarian City to Live in for 2014
- » Another Six Pelicans Die at Bulgaria's Srebarna Nature Reserve
- » Bulgarian National TV Begins Preparations for Hosting Junior Eurovision