Bulgarian Government To Spend BGN 7.2 M On Subsidized Employment
Bulgaria's Government approved the spending of additional BGN 7.2 M on social policies in 2014, reports BTA.
The sum will be spent by the Ministry of Labour and Social Policies for providing part-time six-month employment for 5000 people from disadvantaged social groups and long-term unemployed.
The jobs will be mostly in road repair, gardening and landscaping and guarding of municipal property and schools.
The people will be hired by the municipal authorities. According to BTA, the government expects that the six-month project “will have a beneficiary effect on the employment levels and will thwart the risk of poverty among the people from disadvantaged social groups.”
- » Judges Protest against Top Body, Working Conditions in Sofia
- » Two Bulgarians Vying for Grammy Awards
- » Bulgarian Parliament Scraps 'Long Weekends'
- » Bulgaria Adopts Hefty Fine for Speeding
- » Northern Lights Film Festival Begins in Sofia on Wednesday
- » Bulgarian Students' Disturbing PISA Results Show Need for New Teaching Methods