Bulgarian Government To Spend BGN 7.2 M On Subsidized Employment
Bulgaria's Government approved the spending of additional BGN 7.2 M on social policies in 2014, reports BTA.
The sum will be spent by the Ministry of Labour and Social Policies for providing part-time six-month employment for 5000 people from disadvantaged social groups and long-term unemployed.
The jobs will be mostly in road repair, gardening and landscaping and guarding of municipal property and schools.
The people will be hired by the municipal authorities. According to BTA, the government expects that the six-month project “will have a beneficiary effect on the employment levels and will thwart the risk of poverty among the people from disadvantaged social groups.”
- » Bulgaria's Former President Zhelyu Zhelev Dies
- » Bulgaria Records No Improvement in Freedom House Report
- » Captured Bulgarians in Sudan Expected to be Released Soon
- » Bulgaria's Deputy Chief of Defense Dies Aged 53
- » Personalities in the News 2014 Poll Closes in Two Weeks
- » Bulgarians Held in Sudan 'Not Taken Hostage' - FM Daniel Mitov