Bulgarian Customs Officers Bust Synthetic Drug Trafficking Channel
Bulgarian customs officers at the Danube Bridge border crossing point seized over a kilogram of synthetic drugs worth around BGN 37 000.
According to reports of the customs unit in Ruse, the joint operation with officers of the State Agency for National Security (DANS) and Border Police busted a synthetic drug trafficking channel from the Netherlands to Bulgaria.
The authorities arrested a 50-year-old Bulgarian driving a KIA car with a Dutch registration plate after finding 1.239kg of ecstasy pills in the vehicle.
On the morning of April 19, three Bulgarian citizens – two men and a woman - arrived at the entry lane of the Danube Bridge border crossing point.
The inspection of the luggage of the passengers revealed a red nylon bag containing a bulky package with orange/brown heart-shaped pills. The tablets tested positive for metaamphetamine.
Apart from that, the front pocket of a backpack owned by the driver was found to contain a nylon bag with 6 more pills in different shapes and colors. The pills were also found to be synthetic drugs. According to the investigative authorities believe that the pills were intended for personal use or for samples.
The two other passengers were found to be associated with the drug trafficking channel.
- » Automobile Administration Agency Officials from Pleven Charged with Abuse of Office
- » Municipal Officials in Brezovo Charged over Pension Fund Fraud Scheme
- » Bulgarian Hacker Gets 30-Month Jail Term in US
- » Second Instance Confirms Jail Term For Ahmed Dogan's Attacker
- » Varna Court Asked to Extradite Convicted Drug Smuggler to Germany
- » Deputy Mayor, Municipal Secretary, Banking Official Arrested over Pension Scheme Fraud