Bulgarian Customs Officers Bust Synthetic Drug Trafficking Channel
Bulgarian customs officers at the Danube Bridge border crossing point seized over a kilogram of synthetic drugs worth around BGN 37 000.
According to reports of the customs unit in Ruse, the joint operation with officers of the State Agency for National Security (DANS) and Border Police busted a synthetic drug trafficking channel from the Netherlands to Bulgaria.
The authorities arrested a 50-year-old Bulgarian driving a KIA car with a Dutch registration plate after finding 1.239kg of ecstasy pills in the vehicle.
On the morning of April 19, three Bulgarian citizens – two men and a woman - arrived at the entry lane of the Danube Bridge border crossing point.
The inspection of the luggage of the passengers revealed a red nylon bag containing a bulky package with orange/brown heart-shaped pills. The tablets tested positive for metaamphetamine.
Apart from that, the front pocket of a backpack owned by the driver was found to contain a nylon bag with 6 more pills in different shapes and colors. The pills were also found to be synthetic drugs. According to the investigative authorities believe that the pills were intended for personal use or for samples.
The two other passengers were found to be associated with the drug trafficking channel.
- » About 10 Cars Burn Down at a Parking Lot on Montevideo Str.
- » Man and Woman Detained For the Murder of the Taxi Driver in Varna
- » Taxi Driver Found Dead In His car in the Region of Varna
- » Customs Officers Found 3720 kg of Acetic Anhydride Hidden in Trucks Carrying Apples from Serbia to Iraq
- » Bulgaria’s Border Police Breakes Up Criminal Group Manufacturing Counterfeit Identification Documents
- » Airports and Nuclear Power Stations on Terror Alert