Possible Gas Reserves at Bulgaria's Khan Asparuh Block at 100 bcm
OMV Spokesperson Robert Lechner has confirmed potential hydrocarbon accumulations in the Khan Asparuh exploration block in Bulgaria's Black Sea.
In an interview for Pressa daily, he confirmed that there was potential for finding hydrocarbon accumulations in the Khan Asparuh block, adding that it was too early to come up with a conclusive statement on the matter.
He said that a detailed evaluation of the gas resources would be conducted after 2D and 3D seismic interpretation and after the drilling of two exploration wells.
According to the newspaper, the wells are to be with a depth of boreholes of 1000 - 2000 meters and the well-drilling is to take place in 2015-2016.
The first extraction of gas, provided that the expected gas reserves are confirmed, could take place in 2017, amid optimal organization of the activities.
According to Pressa daily, the outlook is optimistic and possible reserves at the Khan Asparuh exploration block have been estimated at around 100 billion cubic meters.
According to sources close to the matter, in the case of proven reserves and a beneficial contract, Bulgaria could receive 55% of the gas produced at the Khan Asparuh exploration block.
Exploration block Khan Asparuh is located near Varna, at a distance of around 80 km from the seashore, and it spans an exploration area of14 220 square kilometers. The Romanian exploration block Neptun, where a gas field containing around 84 billion cubic meters of gas was discovered, is very near to the Bulgarian exploration block.
- » Bulgaria’s Prime Minister Pledges New Control Unit to Prevent Energy Fraud Schemes
- » Employers’ Associations, Trade Unions to Renew Protests over New Power Prices in September
- » Bulgarian Energy Watchdog Head: Employers’ Associations Cater to Corporate Interests
- » Bulgaria to Cut Power Prices for Households by 0.11% from 1 August
- » Bulgaria's Energy Regulator to Announce New Electricity Prices
- » Bulgaria Parlt Report Blames NEK Deficits on Deals with AES, ContourGlobal, RES