15 Parties, 6 Coalitions, 6 Independent Candidates Run in EU Elections
15 political parties, 6 coalitions and 6 independent candidates submitted documents for participating in the European Parliament elections in Bulgaria on May 25.
The deadline for the registration of lists of candidates with the Central Electoral Commission (CEC) expired late on Tuesday, according to reports of Sega daily.
The lists of candidates, independent candidates included, contain a total of 318 people who will compete for 17 seats at the European Parliament.
The CEC deleted the registration of one initiative committee and the registrations of three others were found to have not been backed by petitions with signatures.
The list of MEP candidates of center-right party GERB (Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria) is headed by former EU Funds Minister Tomislav Donchev.
The list of candidates of the Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) is headed by Sergey Stanishev, leader of the Party of European Socialists (PES).
The list of candidates of liberal party Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS) is headed by MEP Filiz Hyusmenova.
Nationalist party Ataka has its leader, Volen Siderov, at the top of the list of MEP candidates.
The list of candidates of the recently founded Bulgaria without Censorship formation is headed by its leader, former TV host, Nikolay Barekov.
The right-wing Reformist Bloc has former EU Commissioner Meglena Kuneva at the top of its EU elections list.
MEP Ivaylo Kalfin tops the list of MEP candidates of the ABV Movement of former President Georgi Parvanov.
On Wednesday, the order of candidates on ballot papers will be determined by lot drawing.
- » EC Survey: Bulgaria in the Top 3 of the Most Racist Countries in Europe
- » Meglena Kuneva is Nominated for a New Position in Brussels
- » According to New Research, Bulgaria is the Laziest Nation in the EU
- » Bulgaria will Lose BGN 70 Million from the EU for Education and Science
- » The President Rumen Radev to Meet the Vice-President of the European Commission
- » The Minister of Transport and Information Technologies to Work for 5G Mobile Network in Bulgaria