Volen Siderov to Lead Ataka’s EU Elections List
The leader of Bulgaria's ultranationalist Ataka party, Volen Siderov, will lead his formation's list for the upcoming European Parliament elections.
Ataka submitted their registration on the deadline day, Tuesday. Following Siderov, MPs Desislav Chukolov and Magdalena Tasheva head the list. The next spots are allocated to Prof. Stanislav Stanilov, Pavel Shopov, and Yavor Notev.
Siderov is confident that Ataka can repeat its result from the previous European elections and send 2 MEPs again. However, most polling agencies give the nationalists a 2-3% prediction, which would not be enough to send a representative to Brussels.
- » Phantom Voters in Bulgaria 'Surpass 1.2 M'
- » Bulgarian Electoral Commission Starts Registration for Early Elections
- » Jean-Claude Juncker Elected President of EU Commission
- » Jean-Claude Juncker To Be Approved As Head of European Commission
- » Bulgaria ex-Environment Mininster 'Might Head EP Committee'
- » Martin Schulz Re-elected as European Parliament President