Bulgaria 6th in EU for Child Obesity
Bulgaria ranks 6th in the European Union for childhood obesity.
"Every third first grade child is overweight", Svetoslav Handzhiev, head of the Bulgarian Association for Obesity Research told Darik radio.
According to the expert, the main reasons for this negative trend are poor diets, low physical activity, and lack of sleep among today's children. Handzhiev added that childhood obesity is a growing problem not just in Bulgaria, but throughout the world.
"Only Denmark has been able to keep the percentage of overweight children unchanged in the past 10 years", a gloomy statistic shared by Handzhiev.
- » Bulgaria’s PM: Hospitals Will Remain On No-Privatization List
- » Bulgaria’s Health Ministry Mulls 3-10% Tax on Junk Food
- » Turkey Gives 100,000 Vaccines to Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria, Romania to Order Expensive Medicines Jointly as of end-2015
- » Bulgaria Has Second Highest Number of Smokers in EU
- » Bulgaria Has Fifth Largest Share of Obese Children in Europe – WHO