Bulgaria 6th in EU for Child Obesity
Bulgaria ranks 6th in the European Union for childhood obesity.
"Every third first grade child is overweight", Svetoslav Handzhiev, head of the Bulgarian Association for Obesity Research told Darik radio.
According to the expert, the main reasons for this negative trend are poor diets, low physical activity, and lack of sleep among today's children. Handzhiev added that childhood obesity is a growing problem not just in Bulgaria, but throughout the world.
"Only Denmark has been able to keep the percentage of overweight children unchanged in the past 10 years", a gloomy statistic shared by Handzhiev.
- » The Sale of 21 Tonnes of Unfit Meat has been Stopped
- » Equal Access to Medicines is a Priority for Bulgaria and the Netherlands
- » 460 000 Bulgarians Live with Diabetes
- » Decorated Cups Could be Potentially Harmful
- » Dark Chocolate is Useful for Treating High Blood Pressure
- » The Bulgarian Food Safety Agency Denies that Meat with Antibiotics Reaches Consumers