Bulgaria 6th in EU for Child Obesity
Bulgaria ranks 6th in the European Union for childhood obesity.
"Every third first grade child is overweight", Svetoslav Handzhiev, head of the Bulgarian Association for Obesity Research told Darik radio.
According to the expert, the main reasons for this negative trend are poor diets, low physical activity, and lack of sleep among today's children. Handzhiev added that childhood obesity is a growing problem not just in Bulgaria, but throughout the world.
"Only Denmark has been able to keep the percentage of overweight children unchanged in the past 10 years", a gloomy statistic shared by Handzhiev.
- » Fingerprint Identification to be Introduced in Bulgarian Hospitals by September 25
- » Most Medicine Graduates in Bulgaria's Sofia Willing to Leave Country
- » Bulgarian Doctors to Hold National Protest in Downtown Sofia
- » Doctors From Private Hospitals Stage Protest in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian GPs Vow to End Protest on Monday
- » Protest of Bulgarian GPs Grows Further as Ten More Regions Join