Bulgaria 6th in EU for Child Obesity
Bulgaria ranks 6th in the European Union for childhood obesity.
"Every third first grade child is overweight", Svetoslav Handzhiev, head of the Bulgarian Association for Obesity Research told Darik radio.
According to the expert, the main reasons for this negative trend are poor diets, low physical activity, and lack of sleep among today's children. Handzhiev added that childhood obesity is a growing problem not just in Bulgaria, but throughout the world.
"Only Denmark has been able to keep the percentage of overweight children unchanged in the past 10 years", a gloomy statistic shared by Handzhiev.
- » Patients Will Need ID Cards to Be Admitted to Hospital in Bulgaria as of April
- » Parliament Committee Approves Glinka Komitov as New Head of State Health Insurance Fund
- » Bulgaria Spends Most Funds Allocated to Healthcare on Hospitals
- » 60% of Calls to 112 Emergency Phone Number in 2014 Were Unjustified
- » 58% of Settlements in Bulgaria to Access Emergency Care in 20 Minutes by 2020
- » Healthcare in Bulgaria Ranks Among Poorest in Europe