Bulgaria 6th in EU for Child Obesity
Bulgaria ranks 6th in the European Union for childhood obesity.
"Every third first grade child is overweight", Svetoslav Handzhiev, head of the Bulgarian Association for Obesity Research told Darik radio.
According to the expert, the main reasons for this negative trend are poor diets, low physical activity, and lack of sleep among today's children. Handzhiev added that childhood obesity is a growing problem not just in Bulgaria, but throughout the world.
"Only Denmark has been able to keep the percentage of overweight children unchanged in the past 10 years", a gloomy statistic shared by Handzhiev.
- » Bulgaria's Gov't Could Provide BGN 225 M for Health Fund - FinMin
- » Half Million Bulgarians Admitted in Emergency Care Units Since January
- » Bulgaria's Prime Minister Sees 'No Need' to Update Health Budget
- » Proposals to Update Bulgaria's Healthcare Budget to Be Made in Days
- » Salmonella Infected Meat Found in Stores in Plovdiv, Sofia
- » One Third of Bulgarians Suffer from Allergies