Bulgaria 6th in EU for Child Obesity
Bulgaria ranks 6th in the European Union for childhood obesity.
"Every third first grade child is overweight", Svetoslav Handzhiev, head of the Bulgarian Association for Obesity Research told Darik radio.
According to the expert, the main reasons for this negative trend are poor diets, low physical activity, and lack of sleep among today's children. Handzhiev added that childhood obesity is a growing problem not just in Bulgaria, but throughout the world.
"Only Denmark has been able to keep the percentage of overweight children unchanged in the past 10 years", a gloomy statistic shared by Handzhiev.
- » A New Step in the Fight Against Liver Failure
- » Pink Camper on a Tour in 25 Cities in Bulgaria to Help Women With Breast Cancer
- » New Case of Agresion in Bulgarian Hospital
- » Doctors and Medical Staff Against the Violence
- » The Parliament Reviews the Resignation of the Manager of National Health Insurance Fund
- » Health Authorities Step Up Food and Water Safety Inspections at Seaside Resorts