Ambulances To Leave from Sofia Gas Stations
In the beginning of May Sofia will test a new system in which ambulances will leave for addresses from various gas stations.
According to the deputy mayor of Sofia responsible for public health, Stoyan Tonev (former head of Sofia's Military Hospital), if the test proves successful the system will be permanently implemented. In his words this could make the emergency service more efficient and fast.
Tonev said the idea was first tested in the Netherlands, where ambulances also fill up with fuel for free.
- » Bulgaria Has Fifth Largest Share of Obese Children in Europe – WHO
- » Midwife Guilty of Baby Beating Has Worked 7 24-hour Shifts Monthly
- » Bulgarian Health Minister Foresees Possible Decrease in Number of Hospitals
- » Bulgaria Midwife Who Wounded Baby Regularly Worked 24 Hours On Duty
- » Bulgaria Health System Could Perform Much Better, World Bank Says
- » Hospitals in Bulgaria Use Up to 3 Times More Antibiotics than in Western Europe – Expert