Ambulances To Leave from Sofia Gas Stations
In the beginning of May Sofia will test a new system in which ambulances will leave for addresses from various gas stations.
According to the deputy mayor of Sofia responsible for public health, Stoyan Tonev (former head of Sofia's Military Hospital), if the test proves successful the system will be permanently implemented. In his words this could make the emergency service more efficient and fast.
Tonev said the idea was first tested in the Netherlands, where ambulances also fill up with fuel for free.
- » Director of Sofia Regional Health Inspectorate Dismissed
- » Bulgaria's Health Minister Halts BGN 30 M of Procurement
- » Young Bulgarian Doctors Stage Symbolic Protest Carrying Suitcases
- » Childhood Obesity in Bulgaria Growing at Alarming Rate
- » New Medical Standards To Be Introduced for Bulgaria's GPs
- » WHO Declares Ebola Outbreak 'International Public Health Emergency'