Ambulances To Leave from Sofia Gas Stations
In the beginning of May Sofia will test a new system in which ambulances will leave for addresses from various gas stations.
According to the deputy mayor of Sofia responsible for public health, Stoyan Tonev (former head of Sofia's Military Hospital), if the test proves successful the system will be permanently implemented. In his words this could make the emergency service more efficient and fast.
Tonev said the idea was first tested in the Netherlands, where ambulances also fill up with fuel for free.
- » Bulgaria's Gov't Could Provide BGN 225 M for Health Fund - FinMin
- » Half Million Bulgarians Admitted in Emergency Care Units Since January
- » Bulgaria's Prime Minister Sees 'No Need' to Update Health Budget
- » Proposals to Update Bulgaria's Healthcare Budget to Be Made in Days
- » Salmonella Infected Meat Found in Stores in Plovdiv, Sofia
- » One Third of Bulgarians Suffer from Allergies