Ambulances To Leave from Sofia Gas Stations
In the beginning of May Sofia will test a new system in which ambulances will leave for addresses from various gas stations.
According to the deputy mayor of Sofia responsible for public health, Stoyan Tonev (former head of Sofia's Military Hospital), if the test proves successful the system will be permanently implemented. In his words this could make the emergency service more efficient and fast.
Tonev said the idea was first tested in the Netherlands, where ambulances also fill up with fuel for free.
- » Hospitals in Bulgaria Use Up to 3 Times More Antibiotics than in Western Europe – Expert
- » Bulgaria to Purchase over 300 New Ambulances with EU Funds
- » Doctors in Bulgaria to Stage Symbolic Protest over New Funding Model
- » Patients Will Need ID Cards to Be Admitted to Hospital in Bulgaria as of April
- » Parliament Committee Approves Glinka Komitov as New Head of State Health Insurance Fund
- » Bulgaria Spends Most Funds Allocated to Healthcare on Hospitals