Ambulances To Leave from Sofia Gas Stations
In the beginning of May Sofia will test a new system in which ambulances will leave for addresses from various gas stations.
According to the deputy mayor of Sofia responsible for public health, Stoyan Tonev (former head of Sofia's Military Hospital), if the test proves successful the system will be permanently implemented. In his words this could make the emergency service more efficient and fast.
Tonev said the idea was first tested in the Netherlands, where ambulances also fill up with fuel for free.
- » Fingerprint Identification to be Introduced in Bulgarian Hospitals by September 25
- » Most Medicine Graduates in Bulgaria's Sofia Willing to Leave Country
- » Bulgarian Doctors to Hold National Protest in Downtown Sofia
- » Doctors From Private Hospitals Stage Protest in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian GPs Vow to End Protest on Monday
- » Protest of Bulgarian GPs Grows Further as Ten More Regions Join