Monaco Ponder Renewing Berbatov’s Contract
French League 1 club Monaco will consider renewing the contract of Bulgarian striker Dimitar Berbatov.
Berbatov joined Monaco in January from Fulham, and has since scored 3 goals and 3 assists in 9 league matches. His goal on the weekend against Nice is among the contenders for 'goal of the season'.
The 33-year-old Bulgarian's contract is until the summer, but the club's board will most likely negotiate a 1-year extension with the player, Radio Monte Carlo suggested. Berbatov has also expressed his desire to stay in the team, revealing that he feels happy there.
Meanwhile, reports suggest Claudio Ranieri could be fired from the coaching position at Monaco at the end of the season, despite leading the team to a 2nd place in the league in its first season after promotion. The rumours came after Monaco's cup loss to Guingamp last week.
- » Gambling in the British Premier League
- » Federer is Officially the Oldest Number One in Tennis
- » Grigor Dimitrov Lost to Federer in Less Than an Hour
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Play in the Semifinals in Rotterdam
- » With a New Victory Dimitrov Qualified for the Quarterfinals in Rotterdam
- » Milan Won 3:0 Against Ludogorets in Razgrad