Monaco Ponder Renewing Berbatov’s Contract
French League 1 club Monaco will consider renewing the contract of Bulgarian striker Dimitar Berbatov.
Berbatov joined Monaco in January from Fulham, and has since scored 3 goals and 3 assists in 9 league matches. His goal on the weekend against Nice is among the contenders for 'goal of the season'.
The 33-year-old Bulgarian's contract is until the summer, but the club's board will most likely negotiate a 1-year extension with the player, Radio Monte Carlo suggested. Berbatov has also expressed his desire to stay in the team, revealing that he feels happy there.
Meanwhile, reports suggest Claudio Ranieri could be fired from the coaching position at Monaco at the end of the season, despite leading the team to a 2nd place in the league in its first season after promotion. The rumours came after Monaco's cup loss to Guingamp last week.
- » Bulgarian Football Legend Hristo Stoichkov Celebrates 50th Anniversary
- » Bautista Agut Triumphs in First Edition of Sofia Open
- » Bulgaria Loses to Belgium in Fed Cup
- » Bulgarian Head of State Demonstrates Football Skills at La Bombonera Stadium
- » Bulgaria Defeats Hungary, Latvia in Fed Cup
- » Bulgaria Drops to 75th Place in FIFA Ranking