Monaco Ponder Renewing Berbatov’s Contract
French League 1 club Monaco will consider renewing the contract of Bulgarian striker Dimitar Berbatov.
Berbatov joined Monaco in January from Fulham, and has since scored 3 goals and 3 assists in 9 league matches. His goal on the weekend against Nice is among the contenders for 'goal of the season'.
The 33-year-old Bulgarian's contract is until the summer, but the club's board will most likely negotiate a 1-year extension with the player, Radio Monte Carlo suggested. Berbatov has also expressed his desire to stay in the team, revealing that he feels happy there.
Meanwhile, reports suggest Claudio Ranieri could be fired from the coaching position at Monaco at the end of the season, despite leading the team to a 2nd place in the league in its first season after promotion. The rumours came after Monaco's cup loss to Guingamp last week.
- » Additional Security Measures for Europa League Final in Stockholm Already in Place
- » Antoaneta Boneva Wins Silver Medal at ISSF World Cup in Munich
- » Kubrat Pulev to Fight For IBF Heavyweight title within 10 Months
- » Dimitar Berbatov: 'We are Trying to Surprise People in All Possible Ways'
- » Grigor Dimitrov Only A Step Away From TOP 10
- » Boryana Kaleyn 4th in the Rhythmic Gymnastics All-Around in Portugal