Monaco Ponder Renewing Berbatov’s Contract
French League 1 club Monaco will consider renewing the contract of Bulgarian striker Dimitar Berbatov.
Berbatov joined Monaco in January from Fulham, and has since scored 3 goals and 3 assists in 9 league matches. His goal on the weekend against Nice is among the contenders for 'goal of the season'.
The 33-year-old Bulgarian's contract is until the summer, but the club's board will most likely negotiate a 1-year extension with the player, Radio Monte Carlo suggested. Berbatov has also expressed his desire to stay in the team, revealing that he feels happy there.
Meanwhile, reports suggest Claudio Ranieri could be fired from the coaching position at Monaco at the end of the season, despite leading the team to a 2nd place in the league in its first season after promotion. The rumours came after Monaco's cup loss to Guingamp last week.
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Proceeds to 3rd Round of Toronto Masters
- » Ludogorets, Crvena Zvezda Tied in Champions League Qualifier
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Facing Serbia's Crvena Zvezda
- » Bulgaria's Boyan Petrov Ascends His 8th Eight-Thousander
- » IOC Allows Russian Competitors to Take Part in Rio Olympics
- » Top Court for Sport Upholds IAAF Ban on Russian Athletes from Rio Olympics