Bulgaria's President to Attend Double Canonization at the Vatican
Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev will attend the canonization ceremony of blessed John XXIII and John Paul II in Vatican City on April 27.
The canonization ceremony in St. Peter's Square will be held on the day on which the Roman Catholic Church marks Divine Mercy Day, according to the press office of the Bulgarian President.
Pope John XXIII was papal representative in Bulgaria for ten years, from 1925 to 1935. A part of his relics, which were donated during the 2002 visit to Bulgaria of late Pope John Paul II, is stored in the Cathedral of St Joseph in Sofia.
The canonization ceremony will be attended by heads of state and prime ministers from all over the world.
Former Bulgarian Prime Minister Simeon Saxe-Coburg Gotha will also attend the ceremony.
- » Bulgaria Counts on Austria's Support for Schengen Bid - PM
- » Bulgaria, Austria Back South Stream Project Compliant With EU Law
- » Austria's President Heinz Fischer To Visit Bulgaria
- » Kosovo President Receives Bulgaria's Ambassador for Farewell Visit
- » Bulgaria’s President to Attend 10th Asia-Europe Meeting in Milan
- » Government Dismisses Bulgaria's Honorary Consul In Ukraine