Bulgaria's President to Attend Double Canonization at the Vatican
Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev will attend the canonization ceremony of blessed John XXIII and John Paul II in Vatican City on April 27.
The canonization ceremony in St. Peter's Square will be held on the day on which the Roman Catholic Church marks Divine Mercy Day, according to the press office of the Bulgarian President.
Pope John XXIII was papal representative in Bulgaria for ten years, from 1925 to 1935. A part of his relics, which were donated during the 2002 visit to Bulgaria of late Pope John Paul II, is stored in the Cathedral of St Joseph in Sofia.
The canonization ceremony will be attended by heads of state and prime ministers from all over the world.
Former Bulgarian Prime Minister Simeon Saxe-Coburg Gotha will also attend the ceremony.
- » US Expresses Support for Bulgarian Constitution Amendments
- » Bulgaria’s President to Visit Kosovo, Bosnia and Herzegovina on April 21-23
- » Bulgarian PM Boyko Borisov 'to Visit Emirates' in end-April
- » Bulgaria's Chief Prosecutor Visiting Macedonia
- » Bulgaria, Italy Urge Fairer Spreading of Migration Burden Within EU
- » Bulgarian PM, French President Discuss Energy, Security