Bulgaria's President to Attend Double Canonization at the Vatican
Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev will attend the canonization ceremony of blessed John XXIII and John Paul II in Vatican City on April 27.
The canonization ceremony in St. Peter's Square will be held on the day on which the Roman Catholic Church marks Divine Mercy Day, according to the press office of the Bulgarian President.
Pope John XXIII was papal representative in Bulgaria for ten years, from 1925 to 1935. A part of his relics, which were donated during the 2002 visit to Bulgaria of late Pope John Paul II, is stored in the Cathedral of St Joseph in Sofia.
The canonization ceremony will be attended by heads of state and prime ministers from all over the world.
Former Bulgarian Prime Minister Simeon Saxe-Coburg Gotha will also attend the ceremony.
- » Joe Biden to Try Talking Turkey's Erdogan into Fighting IS
- » Obama Congratulates Borisov on Re-election as Bulgarian PM
- » Irina Bokova Is Likely Nominee For UN Head – French Media
- » Bulgaria Concerned over Escalating Jerusalem Tensions
- » Presidents of Bulgaria, Poland Back EU Energy Union
- » Bulgaria Condemns Jerusalem Synagogue Attack