South Korean Ferry Death Toll at 108
The death toll from the sunken South Korean ferry has rose to 108 on the sixth day of the search operations.
Dozens of bodies were retrieved over the last two days, but 190 remain missing, Euronews reported. Many of the victims were children, travelling on a school trip to the resort island Jeju.
Police have detained six crew members and the captain. They face charges for negligence and delaying the evacuation of passengers. The country's president Park Geun-hye compared the captain's actions to "murder".
It is believed that many passengers were told to stay in their cabins even though it took the ferry over 2 hours to sink.
- » Spain's Top Court Halts Catalan Independence Referendum
- » Turkish MPs to Decide on Green Light to Syria, Iraq Intervention
- » Caspian Sea Countries Adopt Cooperation Agreement
- » EU-IMF Troika Returs to Greece for Final Audit
- » Afghanistan's New President Sworn In
- » Ukraine-EU Association Agreement to Be Enforced in 2016