South Korean Ferry Death Toll at 108
The death toll from the sunken South Korean ferry has rose to 108 on the sixth day of the search operations.
Dozens of bodies were retrieved over the last two days, but 190 remain missing, Euronews reported. Many of the victims were children, travelling on a school trip to the resort island Jeju.
Police have detained six crew members and the captain. They face charges for negligence and delaying the evacuation of passengers. The country's president Park Geun-hye compared the captain's actions to "murder".
It is believed that many passengers were told to stay in their cabins even though it took the ferry over 2 hours to sink.
- » The European Institutions Agreed to Abolish Geo-blocking
- » Vucic Promises Russia a "Military-neutral" Serbia
- » Germany Arrested Six Members of Islamic State Planning an Assassination
- » Turkey Arrests FETÖ-Linked Suspects, 3 of Them are Bulgarians
- » Zimbabwe's Parliament Starts Impeachment Process Against Mugabe
- » In 13 Seconds, the Largest Indoor Stadium in the World was Destroyed (Video)