Bulgaria's Northern Coast Preferred by Romanians on Easter
The northern part of Bulgaria's Black Sea coast was once again preferred by Romanian tourists for their Easter holiday.
Balchik, a city north of Bulgaria's "sea capital" Varna, was among the top destinations for Romanians, and the summer season for most hotels there had an early start.
In one of Balchik's hotels, under a years-long tradition a priest visits the restaurant to give his blessing to the food and the tourists.
The Easter lunch cannot begin unless the ceremony has been completed.
In the resort of Albena alone, some 2000 Romanians arrived to spent their holiday there, Bulgaria's bTV channel has reported.
Many rooms have already been booked by Romanians between May 1 and 4, when national holidays are to be celebrated in the country.
- » Bulgaria's Svoge: a Starting Point to Explore Beautiful Iskar Gorge
- » Bulgaria's Veliko Tarnovo Ranks as Third Most Affordable Tourist Destination in World
- » Trips Abroad by Bulgarians Rise 11% in August, Foreign Visitors Up 2.3%
- » Bulgaria Working on Joint 'Balkan' Tourism Product
- » Bulgaria's Lakatnik - a Top Choice to Enjoy Stunning Natural Sceneries
- » Sofia Registers 5.7% More Tourists in January-June 2015