Bulgaria's Northern Coast Preferred by Romanians on Easter
The northern part of Bulgaria's Black Sea coast was once again preferred by Romanian tourists for their Easter holiday.
Balchik, a city north of Bulgaria's "sea capital" Varna, was among the top destinations for Romanians, and the summer season for most hotels there had an early start.
In one of Balchik's hotels, under a years-long tradition a priest visits the restaurant to give his blessing to the food and the tourists.
The Easter lunch cannot begin unless the ceremony has been completed.
In the resort of Albena alone, some 2000 Romanians arrived to spent their holiday there, Bulgaria's bTV channel has reported.
Many rooms have already been booked by Romanians between May 1 and 4, when national holidays are to be celebrated in the country.
- » Plovdiv Airport to Receive Chartered Flights from Turkey
- » Bulgaria's Winter Resorts Open Ski Season
- » Ski Legend Girardelli to Advise Bulgaria’s Tourism Minister
- » Bulgaria May Advertise As Tourist Destination In Spain
- » Bulgaria to Ease Visa Issuing for Turkish Tourists During Winter
- » Bulgaria To Create E-Registry of Its Tourist Destinations