Bulgaria's Northern Coast Preferred by Romanians on Easter
The northern part of Bulgaria's Black Sea coast was once again preferred by Romanian tourists for their Easter holiday.
Balchik, a city north of Bulgaria's "sea capital" Varna, was among the top destinations for Romanians, and the summer season for most hotels there had an early start.
In one of Balchik's hotels, under a years-long tradition a priest visits the restaurant to give his blessing to the food and the tourists.
The Easter lunch cannot begin unless the ceremony has been completed.
In the resort of Albena alone, some 2000 Romanians arrived to spent their holiday there, Bulgaria's bTV channel has reported.
Many rooms have already been booked by Romanians between May 1 and 4, when national holidays are to be celebrated in the country.
- » Wizz Air to Launch Sofia - Athens flights in March 2018
- » Sofia Airport has Returned 604 Lost Items Since the Beginning of the Year
- » Weekend Idea: Autumn Walk Around Shabla
- » Bulgaria's Revenue from Tourist Overnights Rises in August
- » Sofia Airport Welcomed its 5-millionth Passenger
- » 50% more Chinese Tourists in Bulgaria