Unit 5 of Bulgaria's Kozloduy NPP Stopped for Annual Overhaul
Unit 5 of Bulgaria's Kozloduy Nuclear Power Plant (NPP) was stopped for a planned annual overhaul at 2.22 am on Sunday.
The outage will be used to conduct the planned repairs and preventive maintenance of the equipment and the systems of the N-plant unit, including the implementation of the measures under the National Action Plan of Bulgaria after the stress tests.
The reactor will be recharged with fresh nuclear fuel for its 21st fuel campaign, according to reports of Sega daily.
The annual outage is to be wrapped up in end-May.
Unit 6 of the Kozloduy NPP, the other 100-MW unit of the Kozloduy NPP, works at 100% capacity according to the instructions of the Electricity System Operator (ESO).
- » Gazprom Directors' Board to Discuss Issues of South Stream Bulgaria
- » Economy Ministry Working to Ensure Varna TPP Will Remain Open
- » Bulgaria Determined to Keep Varna TPP Functioning – Deputy Minister
- » Westinghouse Picks М3 Communications for Its PR Agency in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Energy Market 'Needs More Dealers'
- » Incoming EU Energy Commissioner Prefers Southern Gas Corridor over South Stream