Unit 5 of Bulgaria's Kozloduy NPP Stopped for Annual Overhaul
Unit 5 of Bulgaria's Kozloduy Nuclear Power Plant (NPP) was stopped for a planned annual overhaul at 2.22 am on Sunday.
The outage will be used to conduct the planned repairs and preventive maintenance of the equipment and the systems of the N-plant unit, including the implementation of the measures under the National Action Plan of Bulgaria after the stress tests.
The reactor will be recharged with fresh nuclear fuel for its 21st fuel campaign, according to reports of Sega daily.
The annual outage is to be wrapped up in end-May.
Unit 6 of the Kozloduy NPP, the other 100-MW unit of the Kozloduy NPP, works at 100% capacity according to the instructions of the Electricity System Operator (ESO).
- » Bulgaria Not Planning to Nationalize AES, ContourGlobal TPPs, Energy Min Says
- » Bulgaria’s Energoremont Holding AD Acquires Majority Stake in Electroimpeks AD
- » China's ICBC Bank Offering Loan to Bulgarian Energy Holding
- » Bulgaria 'Seeking to Become Hub for Russian Gas'
- » Bulgaria’s PM: Dobrich – Silistra Gas Pipeline Issued Final Certificate of Fitness
- » Bulgaria Expects to Choose Builder of Gas Link to Romania in December