Heavy Rains, Floods, Car Crashes on Holy Saturday in Bulgaria
Fatal car crash near the town of Sandanski, accident on Hemus motorway, heavy rains and floods marked the Holy Saturday in Bulgaria.
Four young people - two boys and two girls were killed in a car crash on the main road E-79 near Sandanski, BGNES reports.
The waters in the Koprinka reservoir near the town of Kazanlak have been gradually released due to risk of overflowing. The municipality warned residents in the area and along the river Tundzha that roads in the area may be closed due to floods.
Traffic in the Petrohan Pass has been hampered due to snowfalls, Saturday morning.
The heavy rains have flooded houses in the Northwest city of Vidin and several nearby villages. The municipality of Montana in Northwest Bulgaria is facing a state of emergency after seven villages in the region were cut off, and their residents were left without electricity. Volunteers and rescue teams are preparing to build temporary flood protection using sandbags and stones in order to restore traffic, the BGNES informed.
Meanwhile, the Institute for Meteorology in the Black Sea city of Burgas recorded some 6 litеr rainfalls per square meter in the region over the past day.
A Code Yellow has been issued in 16 districts in West and Central Bulgaria due to heavy rains, Saturday.
- » Maglizh Ammo Plant Blast Caused by Breakdown - Interior Ministry
- » Bulgarian Ammo Plant Blast Leaves 1 Dead, 3 Wounded, Officials Confirm
- » Bulgarian MPs Pass BGN 3 B Healthcare Budget
- » Protesters Demand Resignation of Bulgaria's Finance Minister
- » Man Presumed Dead After Blast at Bulgarian Hunting Ammo Factory
- » Woman Finds Hand Grenade In Sofia