Mexico Shaken by 7.2-Magnitude Earthquake
A powerful earthquake has hit Mexico City, shaking buildings for at least 30 seconds and causing widespread panic.
A magnitude 7.2 quake was registered at a depth of 24km in the western state of Guerrero, near the seaside resort of Acapulco, according to the US Geological Survey.
There are no reports of casualties or significant damage, but frightened residents across the Mexican capital fled their homes as the tremor began, the BBC reports.
- » Ukrainian Rebels Give MH17 Black Boxes after UN Resolution
- » Gaza Death Toll Surpasses 500, UN Calls for Truce
- » Russia 'to Back' UNSC Resolution on Crashed MH17 Plane
- » Ukraine Rebels Retain Control of Crash Victims' Bodies, Black Boxes
- » Ukraine to Demand Donetsk, Luhansk Rebels be Declared Terrorists
- » Russia Publishes List of 12 US Citizens Banned from Entering Country