Mexico Shaken by 7.2-Magnitude Earthquake
A powerful earthquake has hit Mexico City, shaking buildings for at least 30 seconds and causing widespread panic.
A magnitude 7.2 quake was registered at a depth of 24km in the western state of Guerrero, near the seaside resort of Acapulco, according to the US Geological Survey.
There are no reports of casualties or significant damage, but frightened residents across the Mexican capital fled their homes as the tremor began, the BBC reports.
- » Jay Ogilvy: “No Winner-Take-All Solution" Likely to Succeed in Ukraine
- » 108 Dead Pelicans Found in Romanian Section of Danube Delta
- » Two Armed Men Raid Office of Turkey's Ruling Party in Istanbul
- » Member States Divided as EU Abolishes Milk Quotas
- » UK Ambassador to Macedonia Calls for Interim Gov't
- » Greece, Lenders Fail to Reach Preliminary Budget Deal