Mexico Shaken by 7.2-Magnitude Earthquake
A powerful earthquake has hit Mexico City, shaking buildings for at least 30 seconds and causing widespread panic.
A magnitude 7.2 quake was registered at a depth of 24km in the western state of Guerrero, near the seaside resort of Acapulco, according to the US Geological Survey.
There are no reports of casualties or significant damage, but frightened residents across the Mexican capital fled their homes as the tremor began, the BBC reports.
- » Putin Allows Recognition of Passports from Donetsk, Luhansk 'Republics'
- » Schulz Overtakes on Merkel in Chancellor Race by Big Margin - Poll
- » Albania Braces for Massive anti-Opposition Protests
- » Munich Conference on Security To Be Attended by World Leaders
- » Albania's PM Rama: Albania, Kosovo Will Have Joint Embassies
- » 14 EU Member-States May Still Thwart CETA