Mexico Shaken by 7.2-Magnitude Earthquake
A powerful earthquake has hit Mexico City, shaking buildings for at least 30 seconds and causing widespread panic.
A magnitude 7.2 quake was registered at a depth of 24km in the western state of Guerrero, near the seaside resort of Acapulco, according to the US Geological Survey.
There are no reports of casualties or significant damage, but frightened residents across the Mexican capital fled their homes as the tremor began, the BBC reports.
- » At Least 25 Dead in Attack Near Cairo Coptic Cathedral
- » Bulgaria Issues Travel Warning for Turkey
- » Romanians Going to Polls under New Voting Rules
- » Macedonia's Polls Open for Early Election
- » Death Toll in Istanbul Twin Bombing Jumps to 38, at Least 160 Wounded
- » South Korean President Park Impeached by Parliament