Mexico Shaken by 7.2-Magnitude Earthquake
A powerful earthquake has hit Mexico City, shaking buildings for at least 30 seconds and causing widespread panic.
A magnitude 7.2 quake was registered at a depth of 24km in the western state of Guerrero, near the seaside resort of Acapulco, according to the US Geological Survey.
There are no reports of casualties or significant damage, but frightened residents across the Mexican capital fled their homes as the tremor began, the BBC reports.
- » BBC Apologises for Wrong Tweet Claiming Queen Elizabeth Was Hospitalised
- » EU Calls on Macedonia Leaders to Stick to Commitments
- » Turkey PM Says 'Anti-Govt Circles' Polarizing Environment
- » Turkey Prosecution Seeks Life Sentence for Journalist Sued by President
- » Artificial Peninsula to Be Built in Istanbul
- » EU Parliament Strikes Back after Russia Travel Ban