Ukrainian Govt Prepares Amnesty Bill
Ukraine’s interim government has prepared an Amnesty Bill for pro-Russian separatists who leave the occupied buildings and hand in their weapons.
Interim Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk has said that anyone who surrenders the occupation of the government buildings in eastern Ukraine will be pardoned by the authorities, but did not set a time limit for this, Interfax agency reports.
The bill, which still has to be voted in the Verkhovna Rada (Parliament) is also part of the agreement from Thursday’s four-party talks in Geneva, between the EU, US, Russia, and Ukraine.
- » Bulgaria Police Helping Patrol along Hungary-Serbia Border
- » Authorities Detain Fourth Bulgarian over Dead Migrants Found in Truck in Austria
- » Hungary Completes Fence at Border with Serbia Earlier Than Planned
- » Russia, Germany, France Call for Full Ceasefire in Ukraine Starting on September 1
- » Hundreds of Migrants Feared Dead as Boat Sinks off Libya
- » Greek President Appoints Caretaker Prime Minister Ahead of Early Elections
This is a one sided bill.
The Right Sector in Western Ukraine is still armed.
This illegal government is a joke they cant even disarm protestors in areas that they claim to control.
How long more can this illigal government cling to power?
Last week they were so desperate to cling to power they sent the army to the east to kill protesters so that they would appear strong.