Bulgarian Drivers Advised to Put Winter Tires
Bulgaria’s traffic police has warned drivers to put winter tires on their cars for travelling in the higher regions over the weekend.
The unseasonably cold weather will persist throughout the weekend, with snowfall likely in the mountainous areas. With temperatures dropping overnight, the wet surface of the roads could turn to ice in some places.
Increased road police presence is envisioned for the Easter holidays, to check for tires and alcohol.
Over half a million Bulgarians are expected to travel for the holy weekend.
- » Code Yellow Alert Issued in Bulgaria over Heavy Downpours
- » Bulgaria Gives Green Light to Archaeological Research by Greek Ship Aegaeo
- » Sofia Boasts First Grass-Covered Tram Tracks
- » Code Orange Alert Issued for Bulgaria on Monday over Rain, Thunderstorms
- » Large Areas of Bulgaria at Risk of Wildifires on Sunday
- » Life as Seen through the Eyes of 2 Egyptian Vultures