Bulgarian Drivers Advised to Put Winter Tires
Bulgaria’s traffic police has warned drivers to put winter tires on their cars for travelling in the higher regions over the weekend.
The unseasonably cold weather will persist throughout the weekend, with snowfall likely in the mountainous areas. With temperatures dropping overnight, the wet surface of the roads could turn to ice in some places.
Increased road police presence is envisioned for the Easter holidays, to check for tires and alcohol.
Over half a million Bulgarians are expected to travel for the holy weekend.
- » EU Greenhouse Gas Emissions Dropped by Almost 2% in 2013
- » Thousands Suffer Power Cuts, Blackouts After Bulgaria's First Snow
- » Bulgaria’s Burgas Calls Off State of Emergency after Weekend of Heavy Rain
- » Heavy Snow, Rain Cause Chaos Throughout Bulgaria
- » Code Orange Issued in 17 Bulgarian Districts Over First Snow
- » Bulgaria's Osam, Vit Rivers Water Levels Increasing Due to Heavy Rains