Bulgarian Drivers Advised to Put Winter Tires
Bulgaria’s traffic police has warned drivers to put winter tires on their cars for travelling in the higher regions over the weekend.
The unseasonably cold weather will persist throughout the weekend, with snowfall likely in the mountainous areas. With temperatures dropping overnight, the wet surface of the roads could turn to ice in some places.
Increased road police presence is envisioned for the Easter holidays, to check for tires and alcohol.
Over half a million Bulgarians are expected to travel for the holy weekend.
- » Bulgaria Registers Increased Air Pollution Levels
- » Construction Works on Bulgaria's Beach of Coral Will Be Stopped, Official Says
- » Construction Works at Bulgarian Black Sea Coast Campsite Temporarily Stopped
- » Bulgaria to Allocate EU Funding of BGN 115 M to Fighting Air Pollution in Cities
- » Construction Works along Bulgaria's Black Sea Coastline Cause Turmoil
- » Weather: Cloudy and Chilly in April