Bulgarian Drivers Advised to Put Winter Tires
Bulgaria’s traffic police has warned drivers to put winter tires on their cars for travelling in the higher regions over the weekend.
The unseasonably cold weather will persist throughout the weekend, with snowfall likely in the mountainous areas. With temperatures dropping overnight, the wet surface of the roads could turn to ice in some places.
Increased road police presence is envisioned for the Easter holidays, to check for tires and alcohol.
Over half a million Bulgarians are expected to travel for the holy weekend.
- » Up to 200 out of 700 Houses in Flood-Hit Mizia Are Still Inhabitable
- » 5.1 Earthquake Hits Greek Chalkidiki Peninsula
- » Minor 2.9-Magnitude Earthquake Registered West of Bulgaria's Smolyan
- » WWF Launches River Conservation Campaign in Bulgaria
- » Minor 2.4-Magnitude Earthquake Reported in Southern Bulgaria
- » Brightest Supermoon in 2 Decades to Be Observed Sunday