Legendary Martin Petrov to Retire in Summer
Former Bulgarian national team player Martin Petrov revealed his plans to retire from professional football in the summer.
The 35-year-old left winger returned to Bulgaria in the fall to play for CSKA Sofia after an illustrious career in Switzerland, Germany, England, and Spain.
“I am glad to have returned here at the end of my career and to have had the chance to finally beat our rivals Levski. I hope that in my final match against them, I will be a winner”, Petrov told TV7 ahead of Monday’s derby between the Sofia rivals, the last one for the season.
The legendary number 17 was close to hanging up the boots last summer, after his contract with Espanyol ended, but was later convinced to reunite with his old club CSKA. Since his return, Petrov has had few matches, but his appearance has always sparked excitement among the fans in the stadium.
- » American Olympic Gymnast Revealed that the Team Doctor had Raped her
- » Football Super Star Lionel Messi Reached 100 Goals in the Champions League
- » Italy Against Sweden in FIFA World Cup Play-off
- » IBF Confirmed: Pulev Remains an Official Contender for the World Titles
- » Football Club "Malmö" FF Lifted the 20th Title of Sweden
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Take Part in Tennis Tournament in Vienna