Nobel Laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez Dies Aged 87
Nobel prize-winning Colombian author Gabriel Garcia Marquez died aged 87 on Thursday, according to international media reports.
Marquez was considered one of the greatest Spanish-language authors, best known for his novel ‘One Hundred Years of Solitude’ for which he was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1982.
Garcia Marquez had been ill and had made few public appearances recently.
- » International Media Pay Tribute to Late Bulgarian President Zhelyu Zhelev
- » Bulgaria Declares Day of Mourning for Late Ex-President Zhelyu Zhelev
- » Bulgaria's Former President Zhelyu Zhelev Dies
- » Bulgaria's Deputy Chief of Defense Dies Aged 53
- » Greek Singer Demis Roussos Dies
- » Bulgaria Deputy Parliament Speaker Dies Aged 60