Nobel Laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez Dies Aged 87
Nobel prize-winning Colombian author Gabriel Garcia Marquez died aged 87 on Thursday, according to international media reports.
Marquez was considered one of the greatest Spanish-language authors, best known for his novel ‘One Hundred Years of Solitude’ for which he was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1982.
Garcia Marquez had been ill and had made few public appearances recently.
- » Former Russian Prime Minister, Foreign Minister Primakov Dies Aged 85
- » Former Turkish President, PM Demirel Dies at 90
- » European Royal Families Attend Memorial Service for Bulgaria's Last King Eldest Son
- » Former Iraqi Deputy PM Tariq Aziz Dies
- » Patriarch Holds Memorial Service Marking Death of Bulgaria's Last King Eldest Son
- » Blues Legend BB King Dies Aged 89