Nobel Laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez Dies Aged 87
Nobel prize-winning Colombian author Gabriel Garcia Marquez died aged 87 on Thursday, according to international media reports.
Marquez was considered one of the greatest Spanish-language authors, best known for his novel ‘One Hundred Years of Solitude’ for which he was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1982.
Garcia Marquez had been ill and had made few public appearances recently.
- » Dutch Football Legend Johan Cruyff Dies of Cancer Aged 68
- » Former Bulgarian Parliament Speaker Yordan Sokolov Dies Aged 83
- » Former UN Chief Boutros Boutros-Ghali Dies at 93
- » Legendary Bulgarian Defender Trifon Ivanov Dies Aged 50
- » Musician David Bowie Dies Aged 69
- » Former Bulgarian PM Dimitar Popov Dies at 88