Nobel Laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez Dies Aged 87
Nobel prize-winning Colombian author Gabriel Garcia Marquez died aged 87 on Thursday, according to international media reports.
Marquez was considered one of the greatest Spanish-language authors, best known for his novel ‘One Hundred Years of Solitude’ for which he was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1982.
Garcia Marquez had been ill and had made few public appearances recently.
- » Stephen Hawking, Renowned Scientist, Dies at 76
- » Givenchy, French fashion Icon, Dies Aged 91
- » The Captain of Fiorentina and the Italian National Davide Astori Died Suddenly
- » Danish Queen's Husband Prince Henrik Dies
- » Hollywood Star John Mahoney Died at the Age of 77
- » Fidel Castro's Eldest Son Commits Suicide