Nobel Laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez Dies Aged 87
Nobel prize-winning Colombian author Gabriel Garcia Marquez died aged 87 on Thursday, according to international media reports.
Marquez was considered one of the greatest Spanish-language authors, best known for his novel ‘One Hundred Years of Solitude’ for which he was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1982.
Garcia Marquez had been ill and had made few public appearances recently.
- » Andronia Popova - Roni from the Indie Band Nasekomix has Passed Away Aged 44
- » Music Legend Tom Petty Dies
- » Playboy Creator Hugh Hefner was Buried Next to Marilyn Monroe
- » Playboy Magazine Founder Hugh Hefner Dies Aged 91
- » At the Age of 90, Poet John Ashbery Died
- » 20 Years Since Princess Diana's Death