Nobel Laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez Dies Aged 87
Nobel prize-winning Colombian author Gabriel Garcia Marquez died aged 87 on Thursday, according to international media reports.
Marquez was considered one of the greatest Spanish-language authors, best known for his novel ‘One Hundred Years of Solitude’ for which he was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1982.
Garcia Marquez had been ill and had made few public appearances recently.
- » Bulgaria's Poet Valeri Petrov Dies
- » British Film Director Richard Attenborough Dies at 90
- » Hollywood's Golden Age Actress Lauren Bacall Dies at 89
- » Actor Robin Williams Found Dead, Suicide Suspected
- » Blues Musician Jonny Winter Dies At 70
- » Eduard Shevardnadze, Former President Of Georgia, Dies At 86