Construction of New Coastal Station at Port Varna Kicks Off
Bulgarian Transport Minister Danail Papazov has turned the first on a new coastal station at Port Varna.
Papazov, as cited by the Bulgarian National Radio (BNR), informed that the investment in the construction of the two coastal stations at Port Varna and Port Burgas amounted to over BGN 4 M.
He pointed out that the amount of processed cargo at Port Varna since the beginning of 2014 had increased by over 2%.
He said that the navigable channels were to be deepened and that new equipment for Port Varna-East was to be purchased.
Papazov also noted that the documentation for the new intermodal terminal at the port was being wrapped up.
He said that the Transport Ministry was hoping that the competition would attract big designers that would be capable of completing the construction documentation for the new port and of preparing at least two projects for the recreational zone which would be located in the region of the old Port Varna-East.
- » Heavy Rains Will Not Affect Bulgaria's Tourism – Expert
- » Bulgaria's Construction Sector Shows Signs of Improvement in Q2 2014
- » Westinghouse, Bulgarian Gov't Ink Unit 7 Agreement
- » Nearly All Bulgargaz's Money Held in KTB
- » Apricot Rakia From Silistra To Be In Short Supply This Year
- » KTB To Stay Closed Beyond September 21