Ukrainian Parliament Recommends Resumption Of Mandatory Conscription
The Ukrainian parliament has adopted a resolution recommending that acting President Oleksandr Turchynov resume mandatory drafting of conscripts into the country's army.
According to a report of Radio Free Europe, the resolution "on additional measures for strengthening Ukraine's defense capability in connection with Russia’s aggression against Ukraine" was adopted on Thursday.
Ukraine abolished the mandatory military service for males aged 18-27 in October, saying that by the end of 2014 the armed forces would be comprised of professional soldiers only.
- » Ex-Greek FinMin Varoufakis's Movement 'to Seek Allies in Bulgaria'
- » Two Bulgaria-Greece Border Crossings Sealed to All Traffic
- » Greek Farmers Warn of 'More Intense' Blockade on Bulgaria-Greece Border
- » Merkel to Discuss Migrant Crisis with Davutoglu in Ankara Monday
- » Bulgaria Agrees Joint Action to Curb Organised Begging in Sweden
- » Bulgarian Transport Minister to Hold Talks with Protesting Greek Farmers
The Red Sektor protested in Kiev on Monday, on Tuesday the illegal government said they were sending the Ukranian Army to the East to destroy the protestors.
Luckily unarmed peaceful protestors stood in the way of the tanks and made peace with the soldiers.
The issue is the illegal Kiev government sent the Army to kill Ukranian citizens so that the illegal Kiev Government could look strong and cling desperately to power, trying to kill their own people to cling to power!!!! Absolutely disgusting.
No they want to increase the army to have another go sometime in the future.