Ferrer Eliminates Dimitrov from Monte Carlo Masters
Grigor Dimitrov lost to Spain's David Ferrer 4:6, 2:6 in the third round of the Monte Carlo Masters.
Despite starting well with a 2:0 lead, Dimitrov struggled to keep up with the aggressive shots of the world number 6 and conceded the first sed 4:6.
The second set was evenly contested until the middle, with both players involved in some spectacular rallies which brought the crowd to its feet. Whether feeling the tiredness in his legs or the disappointment of several errors, Dimitrov dropped three consecutive games from 2:3 and bowed out of the tournament.
This was the fourth victory out of five matches for Ferrer over Dimitrov. In the quarterfinal he will face his compatriot Rafael Nadal.
The Bulgarian takes a check for EUR 35,775 and 90 points for the ATP ranking.
- » Real Madrid Arrives In Sofia
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Beats Verdasco in First China Open Match
- » Bulgaria’s Women’s Volleyball Team Defeats Canada at World Championship
- » Grigor Dimitrov Eyes ATP Finals in London This Season
- » Bulgaria Wins Gold at Rhythmic Gymnastics World Championship
- » Bulgaria's Pironkova Starts China Open with Victory