Bulgaria's GERB Spent BGN 1.4B on Pensions – Deputy Health Minister
Bulgaria's Health Insurance Fund reserve of BGN 1.4B has been spent on pensions during GERB's office, according to Deputy Health Minister Dr. Boyko Penkov.
The answer came from GERB MPs, members of the parliamentary Budget Committee, after many requests from the Healthcare Committee, Bulgarian National Radio informs.
National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF) buffer was used due to a deficit in the National Social Security Institute (NSSI).
According to Dr. Penkov, the reserve cannot be refunded without causing a budget deficit. The NHIF has saved the provision for carrying out the reform in the hospital sector.
Check ups of the six nationally represented patient organizations have ended, but they are required to provide additional documents concerning funding sources.
- » Bulgaria to Set up Advisory National Food Board
- » Bulgarian Midwife Guilty of Baby Beating Released on Bail
- » Minumum Risk of Zika Virus Spreading to Bulgaria After First Registered Case in Romania
- » Bulgaria Splits Medical Care Services into Basic and Complementary Packages
- » Fingerprint Identification to be Introduced in Bulgarian Hospitals by September 25
- » Most Medicine Graduates in Bulgaria's Sofia Willing to Leave Country