Bulgaria's GERB Spent BGN 1.4B on Pensions – Deputy Health Minister
Bulgaria's Health Insurance Fund reserve of BGN 1.4B has been spent on pensions during GERB's office, according to Deputy Health Minister Dr. Boyko Penkov.
The answer came from GERB MPs, members of the parliamentary Budget Committee, after many requests from the Healthcare Committee, Bulgarian National Radio informs.
National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF) buffer was used due to a deficit in the National Social Security Institute (NSSI).
According to Dr. Penkov, the reserve cannot be refunded without causing a budget deficit. The NHIF has saved the provision for carrying out the reform in the hospital sector.
Check ups of the six nationally represented patient organizations have ended, but they are required to provide additional documents concerning funding sources.
- » Sofia Hosts 3rd Global Summit for Preemies
- » Bulgarian MPs Keep Health Insurance Contribution at 8%
- » High Blood Pressure Medications Free-of-Charge As Of New Year
- » Bulgaria's SAC Rules Fingerprint Identification in Hospitals Is Not Valid
- » Bulgaria's Health Minister To Be Indicted Over Vaccines Scandal
- » Bulgaria, Romania Sign Agreement on Negotiating Expensive Medicines Discounts