Bulgaria's GERB Spent BGN 1.4B on Pensions – Deputy Health Minister
Bulgaria's Health Insurance Fund reserve of BGN 1.4B has been spent on pensions during GERB's office, according to Deputy Health Minister Dr. Boyko Penkov.
The answer came from GERB MPs, members of the parliamentary Budget Committee, after many requests from the Healthcare Committee, Bulgarian National Radio informs.
National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF) buffer was used due to a deficit in the National Social Security Institute (NSSI).
According to Dr. Penkov, the reserve cannot be refunded without causing a budget deficit. The NHIF has saved the provision for carrying out the reform in the hospital sector.
Check ups of the six nationally represented patient organizations have ended, but they are required to provide additional documents concerning funding sources.
- » 120 Children in Romania are in a Hospital with Symptoms of Food Poisoning
- » About 30% of Bulgarians who have Suffered a Heart Attack Continue to Smoke
- » British Prisoners Renovated Wheelchairs for Sofia Hospital "Pirogov"
- » Congo Announces 11 New Confirmed Ebola Cases
- » Over 145,000 Families in Bulgaria have Reproductive Problems
- » Sadiq Khan to Ban Junk Food Advertising on London Transport to Tackle Child Obesity