Bulgaria's GERB Spent BGN 1.4B on Pensions – Deputy Health Minister
Bulgaria's Health Insurance Fund reserve of BGN 1.4B has been spent on pensions during GERB's office, according to Deputy Health Minister Dr. Boyko Penkov.
The answer came from GERB MPs, members of the parliamentary Budget Committee, after many requests from the Healthcare Committee, Bulgarian National Radio informs.
National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF) buffer was used due to a deficit in the National Social Security Institute (NSSI).
According to Dr. Penkov, the reserve cannot be refunded without causing a budget deficit. The NHIF has saved the provision for carrying out the reform in the hospital sector.
Check ups of the six nationally represented patient organizations have ended, but they are required to provide additional documents concerning funding sources.
- » Bulgaria's Health Minister Halts BGN 30 M of Procurement
- » Young Bulgarian Doctors Stage Symbolic Protest Carrying Suitcases
- » Childhood Obesity in Bulgaria Growing at Alarming Rate
- » New Medical Standards To Be Introduced for Bulgaria's GPs
- » WHO Declares Ebola Outbreak 'International Public Health Emergency'
- » No Health Reform Likely Soon, Outgoing Minister Says