Bulgaria To Spend Another BGN 35 M On Refugees
Bulgaria's Government approved the spending of another BGN 35 M on dealing with the refugee crisis, reports Sega daily.
Thus the total sum would reach BGN 62 M.
The new sum includes the completion of the construction of the 35 km fence at the border between Bulgaria and Turkey, as well as improvements of the living conditions in the refugee centers and their expansion.
According to Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev, the number of illegal immigrants crossing the Bulgarian-Turkish border has decreased to 160 – 170 people per month and is below the number of those deported.
Yovchev said for the time being there is no need for the construction of a new refugee center, but authorities are setting up a buffer in case of a future increase of migrant numbers.
- » 7 Districts under Code Orange Weather Alert for Heavy Rain, Strong Wind
- » Canadian Soldier Killed in Shooting Near Parliament in Ottawa
- » Code Orange Issued in Seven Bulgarian Districts Over Heavy Rains, Wind
- » 200 Bulgarian, Romanian Roma Evicted from Camp in Paris
- » Almost 90% Of Disabled People In Bulgaria Are Jobless
- » Bulgaria to Host International Astronomy Olympiad in 2015