Bulgaria To Spend Another BGN 35 M On Refugees
Bulgaria's Government approved the spending of another BGN 35 M on dealing with the refugee crisis, reports Sega daily.
Thus the total sum would reach BGN 62 M.
The new sum includes the completion of the construction of the 35 km fence at the border between Bulgaria and Turkey, as well as improvements of the living conditions in the refugee centers and their expansion.
According to Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev, the number of illegal immigrants crossing the Bulgarian-Turkish border has decreased to 160 – 170 people per month and is below the number of those deported.
Yovchev said for the time being there is no need for the construction of a new refugee center, but authorities are setting up a buffer in case of a future increase of migrant numbers.
- » Novinite's Personalities in the News Poll Closes in Four Weeks
- » Bulgaria's Prolet Gallery To Present Graphics Exhibition by Veliko Marinchevski
- » Code Yellow Declared for All of Bulgaria for Saturday
- » Sofia Ethnographic Museum To Present Surva, Vasilitsa
- » Fresh Snow Catches Bulgaria Off-Guard
- » Greece Halts Trucks from Bulgaria over Bad Weather