EP to Vote Resolution Against South Stream
The European Parliament is due to vote a resolution aimed at halting construction of the South Stream gas pipeline project.
EP's move will come as a response to the ongoing destabilization in Ukraine, in which Kiev and the West argue Russia has a role, the Bulgarian National Radio has reported.
A draft resolution has been already prepared, condemning Russia's alleged actions and recommending economic sanctions to energy entities and measures to reduce European fuel dependency on Russia.
Groups of the EPP, the socialists, liberals, greens and conservatives have jointly worked on the document, but the it was revealed that the socialists were unsure how to behave at the upcoming plenary session vote.
Bulgaria has vowed to continue work on the South Stream, despite the EU's previous announcement that negotiations with Moscow over the project would be frozen due to Russia's stance on the situation in Ukraine.
- » EU Parliament Urges Tough Conditions for South Stream
- » Striking Bulgarian Miners Refuse to Leave Pit
- » EC Threatens Punitive Measures against Bulgaria, Serbia over South Stream
- » Bulgaria Braces for Possible Disruption in Russian Gas Supplies
- » Power Rates in Bulgaria to Go Up by up to 10% as of October - Watchdog
- » Workers at Burgas-Based Mine Stage Protest over Unpaid Salaries
Yeah remember the sentence: “With friends like the EU you don’t need enemies”….
Europe is self destructive!
You better all start learning Chinese, Mandarin, Hindu and etc… soon they will come and buy you all (all of the EU that is…). (India is expected to start growing its economy similar to that of China with 7%-8% annually due to favorite political environment, check the elections!)