Former Ukrainian PM Mykola Azarov Put on Wanted List
Former Ukrainian Prime Minister Mykola Azarov has been put on a wanted list, Oleh Makhnitskyi, acting Prosecutor General of Ukraine, said Wednesday.
"Azarov's case is still open, in particular, concerning one of the episodes of abuse of power and authority. Criminal proceedings have been completed, and he was declared wanted," Makhnitskyi said for Ukraian Inter Tv channel, Ria Novosti reports.
Mykola Azarov headed the former Ukrainian government, and resigned on January 28 in a bid to ease Ukraine's deadly crisis as lawmakers debated key reforms.
In end-February, the General Prosecutor's Office announced an inspection of the legitimacy of budgetary funds spending by the former government including the transparency of tendering as well.
- » Tony Blair Urges West-Russia Cooperation Against Islamic Extremism
- » Juncker Unveils EUR 300 B Investment Plan Ahead of No Confidence Vote
- » Catalonia 'Could Break Away in 18 Months' - President
- » Second Night of Unrest in Ferguson, Protests Held Across US
- » French President Suspends Delivery of First Mistral Warship to Russia
- » Turkey 'in Talks' with Westinghouse on Third NPP