Former Ukrainian PM Mykola Azarov Put on Wanted List
Former Ukrainian Prime Minister Mykola Azarov has been put on a wanted list, Oleh Makhnitskyi, acting Prosecutor General of Ukraine, said Wednesday.
"Azarov's case is still open, in particular, concerning one of the episodes of abuse of power and authority. Criminal proceedings have been completed, and he was declared wanted," Makhnitskyi said for Ukraian Inter Tv channel, Ria Novosti reports.
Mykola Azarov headed the former Ukrainian government, and resigned on January 28 in a bid to ease Ukraine's deadly crisis as lawmakers debated key reforms.
In end-February, the General Prosecutor's Office announced an inspection of the legitimacy of budgetary funds spending by the former government including the transparency of tendering as well.
- » Famous French Director and Producer Luc Besson Accused of Rape
- » An Electronic Cigarette Exploded and Killed a Man in the United States
- » FT: Macron Warns against Hasty EU Enlargement at the Sofia Summit
- » Remarks by President Donald Tusk after the EU-Western Balkans Summit
- » EIB Confirms Support for Western Balkans on the Path towards EU Integration
- » А Visa Agreement between Bulgaria and Algeria