Former Ukrainian PM Mykola Azarov Put on Wanted List
Former Ukrainian Prime Minister Mykola Azarov has been put on a wanted list, Oleh Makhnitskyi, acting Prosecutor General of Ukraine, said Wednesday.
"Azarov's case is still open, in particular, concerning one of the episodes of abuse of power and authority. Criminal proceedings have been completed, and he was declared wanted," Makhnitskyi said for Ukraian Inter Tv channel, Ria Novosti reports.
Mykola Azarov headed the former Ukrainian government, and resigned on January 28 in a bid to ease Ukraine's deadly crisis as lawmakers debated key reforms.
In end-February, the General Prosecutor's Office announced an inspection of the legitimacy of budgetary funds spending by the former government including the transparency of tendering as well.
- » Turkish PM Warns Brussels: Alternatives to EU Exist
- » France To Dismantle "Jungle" Camp in Calais
- » Greece Insists On Implementation of Quota Principle for Refugees
- » Bulgarian Citizens in Turkey: We Will Vote In Spite of Discrimination
- » Walloon Government Blocks CETA
- » Spain's Constitutional Court Annuls Catalonia's Corrida Ban