Former Ukrainian PM Mykola Azarov Put on Wanted List
Former Ukrainian Prime Minister Mykola Azarov has been put on a wanted list, Oleh Makhnitskyi, acting Prosecutor General of Ukraine, said Wednesday.
"Azarov's case is still open, in particular, concerning one of the episodes of abuse of power and authority. Criminal proceedings have been completed, and he was declared wanted," Makhnitskyi said for Ukraian Inter Tv channel, Ria Novosti reports.
Mykola Azarov headed the former Ukrainian government, and resigned on January 28 in a bid to ease Ukraine's deadly crisis as lawmakers debated key reforms.
In end-February, the General Prosecutor's Office announced an inspection of the legitimacy of budgetary funds spending by the former government including the transparency of tendering as well.
- » Hungary Proposes to Send Police to Help Serbia Guard Borders against Migrants
- » Italy Issues State of Emergency Over Catastrophic Earthquake
- » Victims of the Catastrophic Earthquake in Italy reach 240
- » Turkey to Open Third Bridge across Bosphorus Friday
- » Terror Attack on American University of Afghanistan Leaves at least 10 Dead
- » Serbian Hunter Suspected of Shooting Afghan Migrant Dead near Pirot