Former Ukrainian PM Mykola Azarov Put on Wanted List
Former Ukrainian Prime Minister Mykola Azarov has been put on a wanted list, Oleh Makhnitskyi, acting Prosecutor General of Ukraine, said Wednesday.
"Azarov's case is still open, in particular, concerning one of the episodes of abuse of power and authority. Criminal proceedings have been completed, and he was declared wanted," Makhnitskyi said for Ukraian Inter Tv channel, Ria Novosti reports.
Mykola Azarov headed the former Ukrainian government, and resigned on January 28 in a bid to ease Ukraine's deadly crisis as lawmakers debated key reforms.
In end-February, the General Prosecutor's Office announced an inspection of the legitimacy of budgetary funds spending by the former government including the transparency of tendering as well.
- » Turkey to Hand Over Body of Pilot of Downed Su-24 to Russia
- » Leaders of EU, Turkey to Hold Summit on Migration Crisis
- » Clash Between Macedonian Police, Migrants Leaves Scores Injured at Border with Greece
- » Russian President Signs Decree Introducing Sanctions Against Turkey
- » Turkey Tells Its Citizens to Delay Travel to Russia
- » Macedonian Army Builds Metal Fence on Border with Greece