Bulgaria Bids to Host Homeless World Cup 2016
Bulgaria bids to host the Homeless World Cup 2016, organized by a social organization of the same name which advocates the end of homelessness through sport.
"The host should be selected early next year. We still have no information about the other candidates, but chances are high for Bulgaria in case there aren't any non-European countries that have volunteered to organize the prestigious forum," said Viktor Kirkov, Executive Director of Sports Management Bulgaria which holds the rights for the project in Bulgaria.
The Homeless World Cup 2014 will be in Chile, and the next one - in the Netherlands, Dnevnik.bg informs.
In Chile, the Bulgarian team will be led by the new coach Mladen Hristov. This year the project will include disdvantaged young people from the cities of Sofia, Plovdiv, Stara Zagora, Lom.
A charity street football tournament is to be held with the participation of popular Bulgarian writers and actors, Sports Management Bulgaria announced.
- » Bulgaria Wins 16 Medals at 2014 Special Olympics European Summer Games
- » Bulgarians Win 12 Medals at World Arm Wrestling Championship in Vilnius
- » Sofia Fails to Become Host City for Euro 2020 Matches
- » Ludogorets Loses 1-2 to Liverpool in Champions League Clash
- » Bulgaria Men's Volleyball Team Loses to Finland
- » Bulgaria Drops Out of Volleyball Men's World Championship after Losing to Germany