Bulgaria Bids to Host Homeless World Cup 2016
Bulgaria bids to host the Homeless World Cup 2016, organized by a social organization of the same name which advocates the end of homelessness through sport.
"The host should be selected early next year. We still have no information about the other candidates, but chances are high for Bulgaria in case there aren't any non-European countries that have volunteered to organize the prestigious forum," said Viktor Kirkov, Executive Director of Sports Management Bulgaria which holds the rights for the project in Bulgaria.
The Homeless World Cup 2014 will be in Chile, and the next one - in the Netherlands, Dnevnik.bg informs.
In Chile, the Bulgarian team will be led by the new coach Mladen Hristov. This year the project will include disdvantaged young people from the cities of Sofia, Plovdiv, Stara Zagora, Lom.
A charity street football tournament is to be held with the participation of popular Bulgarian writers and actors, Sports Management Bulgaria announced.
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Signs Promising Sao Paulo Winger
- » Bulgaria's Stoevi Sisters Win Russian Open Grand Prix
- » Multifunctional Sports Hall to Open next to Sofia Central Railway Station
- » Draw Determines Tough Opponents for Bulgaria in 2018 World Cup Qualifiers
- » Bulgaria's Stoevi Sisters Reach Final of Russian Open
- » Bulgaria's Stoevi Sisters Reach Semifinals of Russian Open