Bulgaria to Host 2015 IMF, World Bank Meeting
Bulgaria will host the annual meetings between the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank next year.
The government decided on Tuesday to accept an existing proposal according to which the IMF-WB meetings could take place in Bulgaria, Dnevnik.bg has reported.
Next year's events will be attended by executive officers from the group of countries in which Bulgaria belongs at both the IMF and the World Bank, as well as representatives of the two organizations' leaderships.
Bulgaria belongs to the Netherlands-Belgium group at the IMF.
The country's host role was announced days after Finance Minister Petar Chobanov was in the US capital Washington for the spring meetings of the group.
- » Bulgaria's Current Account Surplus Drops to 0.2% in 1st 5 Months of 2017
- » Germany Won More than EUR 1 Billion from the Greek Crises
- » Germany and France plan united tax system
- » National Statistical Institute: Monthly Inflation of Minus 0.5% in June 2017
- » Total Number of Accommodation Establishments in Bulgaria Increased with 0.5% in May 2017
- » NSI: Exports to Third Countries Grow 26% YoY in Jan-May 2017