Bulgaria to Host 2015 IMF, World Bank Meeting
Bulgaria will host the annual meetings between the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank next year.
The government decided on Tuesday to accept an existing proposal according to which the IMF-WB meetings could take place in Bulgaria, Dnevnik.bg has reported.
Next year's events will be attended by executive officers from the group of countries in which Bulgaria belongs at both the IMF and the World Bank, as well as representatives of the two organizations' leaderships.
Bulgaria belongs to the Netherlands-Belgium group at the IMF.
The country's host role was announced days after Finance Minister Petar Chobanov was in the US capital Washington for the spring meetings of the group.
- » BSE: Six New Companies Join SEE Link Indices
- » Airplane Tickets Prices Up by 28.6% in December
- » Bulgaria's Stock Exchange Reports BGN 5 M More in Turnover for 2016
- » Debt of 12 Bulgarian Municipalities Increases by 500%
- » Bulgarian C-Bank Data on FDI 'Incorrect', Investment Agency Head Says
- » BNB Introduces Register of Bank Accounts, Safes