Bulgaria to Host 2015 IMF, World Bank Meeting
Bulgaria will host the annual meetings between the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank next year.
The government decided on Tuesday to accept an existing proposal according to which the IMF-WB meetings could take place in Bulgaria, Dnevnik.bg has reported.
Next year's events will be attended by executive officers from the group of countries in which Bulgaria belongs at both the IMF and the World Bank, as well as representatives of the two organizations' leaderships.
Bulgaria belongs to the Netherlands-Belgium group at the IMF.
The country's host role was announced days after Finance Minister Petar Chobanov was in the US capital Washington for the spring meetings of the group.
- » Bulgarian National Bank Reports Increase in Bank Deposits
- » Bulgaria's State Debt Rose by BGN 1 B in June
- » BNB Governor Ivan Iskrov Ready to Resign
- » Smartphones, Tablets in Top 5 Purchases On Deferred Payments
- » Bulgaria with Second Lowest Debt-to-GDP Ratio in EU in Q1, 2014
- » New Amendments Introduced to Consumer Credit Act