‘Spirit of Burgas 2014’ Festival Canceled over Low Funding
The annual music festival Spirit of Burgas will not take place in 2014, it was revealed.
The main reason is that the budget for this year does not allow the festival to return to its traditional 3-day format, Burgas municipal director of festivals and concerts Dimitar Madzharov outlined. From a logistical point of view, the festival can be organized, but it would not be able to attract more famous bands than in previous years, something which the fans demand.
"Our efforts will be focused on organizing a successful Spirit of Burgas in 2015, to bring back the 3-day format of this popular event", Madzharov added.
It is yet to be decided whether the municipal funds for this year's festival can be used to organize the 2015 edition.
- » Sofia History Museum To Host European Heritage Days
- » Photo From Bulgarians' 2013 Protests Featured In Hollywood Film
- » Finnish Diva Tarja Turunen With Concert In Sofia
- » Orthodox Christians Hail St. Demetrius
- » Japanese Drummers Yamato To Perform In Sofia Again
- » Exhibition Of Photos From Private Albums To Mark 100-th Anniversary Of WWI In Sofia