‘Spirit of Burgas 2014’ Festival Canceled over Low Funding
The annual music festival Spirit of Burgas will not take place in 2014, it was revealed.
The main reason is that the budget for this year does not allow the festival to return to its traditional 3-day format, Burgas municipal director of festivals and concerts Dimitar Madzharov outlined. From a logistical point of view, the festival can be organized, but it would not be able to attract more famous bands than in previous years, something which the fans demand.
"Our efforts will be focused on organizing a successful Spirit of Burgas in 2015, to bring back the 3-day format of this popular event", Madzharov added.
It is yet to be decided whether the municipal funds for this year's festival can be used to organize the 2015 edition.
- » Sofia Ethnographic Museum To Present Surva, Vasilitsa
- » Sofia's MENAR Film Festival to Feature Central Asian, Indian Productions
- » Deep Purple's Farewell Tour to Include Sofia
- » One Man Party's 4th Edition to Feature Foreign D&B Guru
- » Two Bulgarians Vying for Grammy Awards
- » Northern Lights Film Festival Begins in Sofia on Wednesday