Bulgarians Work Twice Longer For Own Home
The average Bulgarian household hast to give its entire 7-year income to buy a 75 sq/m home, while the other Europeans need between 2.5 and 4 yearly incomes, shows a 2012 survey.
It was presented by the Minister of Investment Planning Ivan Danov.
According to him, Bulgaria has the least social housing in the EU and his ministry will work for the increase of the number of such homes.
Danov's ministry will develop a plan for easing the access to homes of low income families by increasing the number of residential buildings.
According to him, the project will require the cooperation between the state and the business. The state and the municipal authorities will provide lots for free, while the business “will build, manage and maintain the social housing in exchange of certain rights.”
- » Sofia Airport: No Bomb Found after Security Check, Bulgaria PM 'Furious'
- » Sofia Airport Terminal 1 Evacuated over Suspected Bomb Threat
- » Christmas Tree Lights in Sofia to be Illuminated on Tuesday
- » Bulgaria's Plovdiv Hosts Documentary, Animation Film Festival
- » Bulgarian President – Fighting Climate Change Could Have Economic Benefits
- » Bulgaria Confirms Participation in 2016 Eurovision Song Contest