Bulgarians to Spend Easter Holidays in Greece, Italy, Croatia
Bulgaria's tourist business does not expect significant influx of visitors for Easter, as traditionally, most Bulgarians prefer to spend the holiday at home.
Those Bulgarians who have decided to travel for Easter, traditionally choose destinations such as Greece, Italy and Croatia, Svidna Dineva of Association of Bulgarian Tour Operators and Travel Agents (ABTTA) told Dnevnik.bg.
Around 2,500 Romanians and Bulgarians will spend their holiday in the Black sea resort of Albena, Krasimir Stanev, executive director of the complex said for Dnevnik.bg.
Bulgarians prefer to travel for the public holiday for St. George's day on May 6, as many of them choose Greece due to the country's proximity and good hotel prices, experts from ABTTA explain. Besides the popular European destinations, many decide to visit Romania, which has enjoyed increased interest in recent years, as well as Serbia and Macedonia.
Still, a lot of Bulgarians are expected to stay in Bulgarian mountain as well as sea resorts in early May, as the most popular destinations are expected to be the Spa Hotels in Velingrad, Pomorie, Albena, Kyustendil which are already fully booked.
According to Bulgaria's Hotel and Restaurant Association, about 15 thousand Romanians will visit Bulgarian Black sea coast during the holidays.
- » Over 11% Growth in International Tourism Revenues During the Winter in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Expects up to 10% more Tourists in the Summer
- » Staro Stefanovo - a Bulgarian Renaissance Fairy Tale near Lovech
- » Airlines Fear Wave of Compensation Claims After EU Court Ruling
- » Sunny Beach Topped a Global Ranking for Destinations that Offer Quality Bargain Vacation
- » Air France Cancels Flights Due to Another Strike Over Pay