Car 'Flies' With 252 km/h On a First Class Road
Police traffic camera in Bulgaria's town of Vratsa intercepted a BMW doing 252 km/h at a road with a 90 km/h speed limit.
The violation happened at the exit of Vratsa in the direction of Mezdra. The chief of traffic police in Vratsa Yanko Haralampiev said the driver is not from the town.
According to Bulgarian-language media, the driver will be fined BGN 1300. Local police says this stretch of the E-79 road is favorite for speeding and they pull over at least 10 cars doing up to 180 km/h each day.
- » 61% of Bulgarians Have Not Heard of Armenian Genocide in Ottoman Empire
- » Hundreds Protest, Demand Resignation of Bulgarian Culture Minister
- » EU Grant Sponsors Restoration of Bulgaria's Perperikon
- » Sentimental Swingers to Present New Album in Sofia
- » Ros Rossin's Portrait of Maya Angelou Featured on US Postage Stamp
- » Cities Across Bulgaria-Turkey Border at Odds over Park Name