April Snow Surprises Sofia
Citizens of Bulgaria's capital Sofia awoke on Wednesday morning to see snowfall outside their windows.
Unseasonably cold temperatures have gripped much of the country just days before the Easter holidays. In the higher areas, snow cleaning vehicles had to be dispatched overnight.
Around 6 AM, the snow intensified in Sofia, but later turned to rain. Temperatures are expected to remain between 3-8 degrees and most places in central and western Bulgaria will see rainfall. In altitudes above 1,300m snow can be expected.
The colder weather and showers will persist through to Saturday, according to meteorological predictions.
- » Bulgaria Registers Increased Air Pollution Levels
- » Construction Works on Bulgaria's Beach of Coral Will Be Stopped, Official Says
- » Construction Works at Bulgarian Black Sea Coast Campsite Temporarily Stopped
- » Bulgaria to Allocate EU Funding of BGN 115 M to Fighting Air Pollution in Cities
- » Construction Works along Bulgaria's Black Sea Coastline Cause Turmoil
- » Weather: Cloudy and Chilly in April