April Snow Surprises Sofia
Citizens of Bulgaria's capital Sofia awoke on Wednesday morning to see snowfall outside their windows.
Unseasonably cold temperatures have gripped much of the country just days before the Easter holidays. In the higher areas, snow cleaning vehicles had to be dispatched overnight.
Around 6 AM, the snow intensified in Sofia, but later turned to rain. Temperatures are expected to remain between 3-8 degrees and most places in central and western Bulgaria will see rainfall. In altitudes above 1,300m snow can be expected.
The colder weather and showers will persist through to Saturday, according to meteorological predictions.
- » Thunderstorms, Hail Expected in Western Bulgaria on Monday
- » Bulgaria at risk of losing more money in EU-funded eco projects
- » Temperatures Sharply Go Down across Bulgaria on Friday
- » Wildfire Danger Extends to 16 Bulgarian Regions on Thursday
- » Heavy Rain, Thunderstorms to Hit Bulgaria on Thursday, Friday
- » Half of Bulgaria Under Highest Fire Danger Alert on Tuesday