Bulgarian Parliament to Mark 135th Anniversary of Tarnovo Constitution
Bulgaria's Parliament will hold a ceremonial sitting to mark the 135th anniversary of the adoption of the Tarnovo Constitution.
The Tarnovo Constitution was Bulgaria's first Constitution. It was adopted on April 16, 1879 by the Constituent National Assembly held in the city of Veliko Tarnovo. It remained in effect until December 4, 1947, with amendments in 1893 and 1911.
Wednesday's sitting, scheduled to start at 10 am, will be attended by Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev, Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski, and ministers.
Parliament Speaker Mihail Mikov and representatives of the four parties represented in Parliament will deliver speeches.
After the end of the sitting, which will be aired live by the Bulgarian National Television and the Bulgarian National Radio, the MPs will gather for a photo at the entrance of the Parliament building.
Wednesday's sitting is the last one before the Easter parliament recess which ends on April 29.
- » BGN 623m Additional Funds For Renovation of Bulgarian Schools Will be Granted by the Council of Ministers
- » Bulgarian Court Allowed Civil Claims For 200 m BGN in Bourgas Airport Bombing Case
- » BGN 2M Will be The Budget For Archaeological Works in Bulgaria in 2018
- » Austria: There are New Migration Routes Through Bulgaria and Romania
- » Bulgarian National Assembly Elected a Total of 11 Members of the Supreme Judicial Council
- » General Prosecutor of Russia: 'Russia is Not a Threat to Bulgaria'