Difficult, But Successful Start for Dimitrov in Monte Carlo
Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov qualified for the 2nd round of the Masters tournament in Monte Carlo by beating Marcel Granollers 6:2, 4:6, 6:2.
The match was going according to plan for the Bulgarian, as he took the first set comfortably. After an even second set until 3:3, the Spaniard took his first break of serve and followed on to win 6:4.
Granollers started strong in the final set as well, taking a 2:0 lead. This served as a wake-up call for Dimitrov, who improved his game considerably and turned the score around to 6:2.
In the next round Dimitrov will play another Spaniard, Albert Ramos, ranked 101st in the world.
- » Bulgaria's Stiliyan Petrov to Join Aston Villa for Pre-season Training
- » Bulgaria's Rhythmic Gymnastics Athlete Undergoes Successful Spine Surgery
- » Bulgarian Olympic Medalist Will Not Box at Rio Olympics
- » Bulgaria's Rhythmic Gymnastics Athlete Has Reportedly Come Out of Coma
- » Kubrat Pulev to Box Mariusz Wach in Sofia in Autumn
- » Three Teams to Represent Bulgaria in Europa League Qualifiers