Difficult, But Successful Start for Dimitrov in Monte Carlo
Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov qualified for the 2nd round of the Masters tournament in Monte Carlo by beating Marcel Granollers 6:2, 4:6, 6:2.
The match was going according to plan for the Bulgarian, as he took the first set comfortably. After an even second set until 3:3, the Spaniard took his first break of serve and followed on to win 6:4.
Granollers started strong in the final set as well, taking a 2:0 lead. This served as a wake-up call for Dimitrov, who improved his game considerably and turned the score around to 6:2.
In the next round Dimitrov will play another Spaniard, Albert Ramos, ranked 101st in the world.
- » Bulgaria's New Rhythmic Gymnastics Ensemble Scoops 1st Title
- » March Honouring Pro-Nazi General Held Despite Sofia Mayor Ban
- » Goffin Defeats Dimitrov in Rotterdam, Ending His Series of Victories
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Defeats Denis Istomin at Rotterdam ATP 500 Second Round
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Defeats Mischa Zverev in Rotterdam
- » Tennis: Grigor Dimitrov to Face Mischa Zverev in Rotterdam